1. Avenca's rating of the film Kes

An unordinary approach to the misfit kid theme. The simplicity of the plot is amended by the outsanding and genuine acting alongside with Billy's caring love for Kes throughout the never ending fields of Yorkshire, despite being ostracized by both his family and colleagues.

2. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Kes

3. luminous's rating of the film Kes

"like flying in a pocket of silence"

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Kes

Cette oeuvre profondément engagée et dénonciatrice, vilipende finement l'incurie du système éducatif anglais, l'absence flagrante d'un quelconque investissement du corps professoral dans un semblant de pédagogie et l'omniprésence du rôle répressif dans l'enseignement et les fastidieuses doctrines scolaires... www.cinefiches.com

5. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Kes

6. -REM-'s rating of the film Kes

7. petit astronaute's rating of the film Kes

8. adrianafeder's rating of the film Kes

"Falcões não podem ser domesticados. Eles são selvagens e ferozes e não se importam com ninguém. Ele não se importa nem comigo. É o que o faz tão legal. Eu quero ele pelo que ele é, pra deixá-lo voar. Eles podem ficar com seus papagaios. Eles não são nada comparados com Kes. Sabe, senhor? Eu acho que ele me faz um favor, ao me deixar vê-lo voar."

9. Nikita Rasskazov's rating of the film Kes

It is still very contemporary film in terms of commenting on teenager's worldview and educational system. An example of social criticism through film in the form of poetry. And the most important thing is that Kes is equally strong in visual and audio aspects. Its cinematography is precise and picturesque.

10. Chris's rating of the film Kes

did not expect myself to become so emotionally attached to a bird, 9/10

11. kubrickhallway's rating of the film Kes

‘Kes’ states, with truth, that peace among men is impossible.

12. muh.'s rating of the film Kes

(4.5) it breaks my heart whenever i watch it. you get the dreary, dead-end cultural and economic landscape of northern england crushing down on a maladjusted and lost individual who manages to find peace only through his contact with nature. and we all now how good those things end up..

13. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Kes

La vida de un niño sometido a la dureza y amargura de sus mayores que halla solaz entrenando a un pequeño halcón. La película te atrapa sin necesidad de apelar a estridencias dramáticas o golpes bajos. La espontaneidad y frescura de los actores y las situaciones son impresionantes.

14. belemir's rating of the film Kes

15. Aardsy's rating of the film Kes

A Boy (and His Hawk) Under the Influence.

16. goulton green's rating of the film Kes

This movie was one of the main conduits which evolved my love for nature in my childhood. Back in time when I didn't know of the context of differences between the North and South in the country whose language I speak now everyday and whose nature I visit nearly as often. Beautiful music flies you through the sequences of the boy's liberty and the bird.

17. Vincent T's rating of the film Kes

rated from memory. Needs a revisit.

18. Meastro0's rating of the film Kes

Aesthetic joyment without possession.

19. redux's rating of the film Kes

Boy with kestrel – I've known the image forever. The film has surpassed all my expectations.

20. uenus's rating of the film Kes

21. Elme Dino's rating of the film Kes

22. SafeStanding's rating of the film Kes

Never tire of watching this classic, first saw it at school as part of the syllabus. Viewed many times since and it's a film that just keeps giving. Britishness through and through.

23. ䷀'s rating of the film Kes

Det var noe veldig kjent med symbolbruken i denne filmen. Fikk følelsen av at jeg har sett den før. Kanskje det bare er deja vu:)

24. salty_candy's rating of the film Kes

Very touching and sad movie.