1. El Biffo's rating of the film Khrustalyov, My Car!

I probably shouldn't have watched this right before bed. My dreams are already disturbing enough without watching a mucus movie. Alternate title for this film: Stalin Meets The Three Stooges.

2. Nachtreich's rating of the film Khrustalyov, My Car!

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Khrustalyov, My Car!

4. paxy's rating of the film Khrustalyov, My Car!

5. Dale Wittig's rating of the film Khrustalyov, My Car!

Yuriy Tsurilo vigorously plays the charismatic and hubristic brain surgeon, Red Army General Glinsky, and the viewer is dragged alongside him as he finds himself accused of taking part in the "Doctors' Plot" and stumbles off into the bleak winter of 1953 Moscow and beyond, where he is captured, raped, and finally released in hopes that he can restore life to the stroke stricken Joseph Stalin.

6. Jason's rating of the film Khrustalyov, My Car!

Just when you thought Salò was the final word on the excesses of totalitarian cultures on the brink, along comes German and his giddy volley of grotesqueries. German really is off bushwhacking uncharted jungle. He obviously has a lot of Fellini-type stuff dressed up in a quasi-Tarkovsky-like way, but that says so very little (that his applicable contemporaries are Kusturica and Iosseliani tells you even less).

7. A47's rating of the film Khrustalyov, My Car!

Theater of an absurd mind. Like Tarkovsky directing a Polanksi absurdist piece like Fellini with the taste of Von Trier... From too far away or too close - never quite right. Funny at points, but more disturbing. Beautiful at moments, but more just violent. Everything about this film is contrasty and brash. A depraved, though intriguing, cesspool.

8. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Khrustalyov, My Car!

Stalinist Russia as a chaotic and massively unsanitary hellscape. Nearly as many bleakly hilarious non-sequiturs (e.g. "Boys, come over here and piss on my dog.") as hocked loogies, for which it might hold the world record.

9. Scott Barley's rating of the film Khrustalyov, My Car!

I dislike lazy comparisons but [perhaps if Joyce had done movies?...] I don't know how to begin to describe, let alone understand this; but I'll sure be thinking about it for a long, long time.

10. kartina obskura's rating of the film Khrustalyov, My Car!

very true - wonderfully shot. pity i couldn't care less.

11. Corriel's rating of the film Khrustalyov, My Car!

An original and brilliantly shot film. Although confusing with its many details and fast paced scenes, it remains a master piece and a must see for cinephiles and russophiles alike.

12. nadka's rating of the film Khrustalyov, My Car!

well, some of this movie's parts are better than the whole. imho, it is a collection of stereotypes - both in the plot and visual ones. also, the product of its times...

13. redux's rating of the film Khrustalyov, My Car!

One of the greatest cinematic achievements ever. Only for people ready to actively invest themselves in watching. This circumstance also explains the great ignorance surrounding this work.

14. Vytautas Abromaitis's rating of the film Khrustalyov, My Car!

The strangest movie I have ever seen. Rightfully described as Cinema Inferno, opposite of Cinema Paradiso. Also changed the meaning of word "disturbing" for me.