1. Polónio's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

Maybe one of my favorite final scenes ever. Nice movie to watch when you want something light and cleverly written.

2. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

it's upsetting being able to relate to characters who are this irritating

3. Louis Robert's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

Clever dialogues, but too melancholic for my taste.

4. blkrchs's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

5. beepea's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

Gerwig really saved his ass, wow

6. chicajomles's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

Self-indulgent angst for highly articulate and unemployable Liberal Arts grads, please. It's like a dry-run for all future Baumbach's explorations on the ennui (of becoming a not-accomplished-enough grown-up): "Eight hours ago I was Max Belmont, English major, college senior. Now I’m Max Belmont who does nothing".

7. Lola Finch's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

All of these men are indistinguishable from each other

8. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

90 minutes of pretentious, unlikable characters doing little more than pretentiously talking to each other

9. Ramzi's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

Loved the concept, style, mood, etc., and did really enjoy the overall film. However, for a film so centred on dialogue, too much of it feels unoriginal and falls flat for it to be classed as "great". Sometimes tries to be too smart for its own good. That said a lot of the dialogue is great, and perhaps I'm being harsh.

10. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

Good moments along the way but some frankly pretty uninteresting male characters who really only seem to come to life when some rather more interesting women intrude on their cozy routine. Maybe that is the point.

11. Sarika Joglekar's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

12. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

It's just okay. I get that it's meandering nature is supposed to represent the after college hangover, but it still creates a lazed atmosphere. Noah Baumbach is starting to reveal himself to me as the intellectual elite's Kevin Smith.

13. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

14. Muraki's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

15. truffraud's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

i'm drunk on vodka lemonade this is the greatest fucking movie, that's the end of the story.

16. Mcpeer's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

I have always been interested in seeing Noah Baumbach's first film and glad I finally did. Lots of what makes Baumbach great is clearly visible from this. Wonderful dialogue, the sense of milieu, characters adapting to transitions. Visually, there is nothing to write home about but the actors mostly sell Baumbach's specific cadence and style. Besides a nice highlight to Baumach's oeuvre, there's little else to see.

17. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

I heavily identify with the people in this movie. That feeling of not wanting to grow up and move beyond college and go out into the world. College still haunts me.

18. Akosua Adasi's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

perfect young adult movie with all the right loitering and explorative speech

19. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

The mid-90s already seem to be long ago and far away-- they do things differently in that country.

20. C's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

A movie I liked bc I'll take my Stillman knockoffs where I can get them and Eigeman and especially Parker Posey are great in it/completely elevate it. A movie I hate bc I hate men and the way that this particular man writes all of the women (and the teenage girl! whose wellbeing no one in the movie and no one writing the movie cares about!) for reasons it would take too long to fully articulate here.

21. Andrew Weaver's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

Captures so much of early 20s dude stuff I'm doubting a lot about myself right now.

22. goia cristian alin's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

if we were an old couple and dated for years.........

23. courtneylesueur's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming