1. Carolina Frade's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

Baumbach's warm up as a filmmaker and screenwriter is enjoyable but doesn't stand out when compared to other coming of age films of the 90s, Linklater has done this movie several times and the outcome has always been better. Somehow Baumbach depicts women in a much more sincere, human way, than he does men (or maybe he just needs Greta Gerwig's foot at the door)

2. Ramzi's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

Loved the concept, style, mood, etc., and did really enjoy the overall film. However, for a film so centred on dialogue, too much of it feels unoriginal and falls flat for it to be classed as "great". Sometimes tries to be too smart for its own good. That said a lot of the dialogue is great, and perhaps I'm being harsh.

3. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

Good moments along the way but some frankly pretty uninteresting male characters who really only seem to come to life when some rather more interesting women intrude on their cozy routine. Maybe that is the point.

4. Sarika Joglekar's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

5. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

It's just okay. I get that it's meandering nature is supposed to represent the after college hangover, but it still creates a lazed atmosphere. Noah Baumbach is starting to reveal himself to me as the intellectual elite's Kevin Smith.

6. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

7. Muraki's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

8. truffraud's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

i'm drunk on vodka lemonade this is the greatest fucking movie, that's the end of the story.

9. Michael Peer's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

I have always been interested in seeing Noah Baumbach's first film and glad I finally did. Lots of what makes Baumbach great is clearly visible from this. Wonderful dialogue, the sense of milieu, characters adapting to transitions. Visually, there is nothing to write home about but the actors mostly sell Baumbach's specific cadence and style. Besides a nice highlight to Baumach's oeuvre, there's little else to see.

10. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

This movie is about me and my friends. I love every single actor and consider them my bitches. I wanted to buy team jackets, but now the word 'Cougar' has been co-opted. Must have seen it twenty times.

11. Akosua Adasi's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

perfect young adult movie with all the right loitering and explorative speech

12. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

The mid-90s already seem to be long ago and far away-- they do things differently in that country.

13. C's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

A movie I liked bc I'll take my Stillman knockoffs where I can get them and Eigeman and especially Parker Posey are great in it/completely elevate it. A movie I hate bc I hate men and the way that this particular man writes all of the women (and the teenage girl! whose wellbeing no one in the movie and no one writing the movie cares about!) for reasons it would take too long to fully articulate here.

14. Andrew Weaver's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

Captures so much of early 20s dude stuff I'm doubting a lot about myself right now.

15. goia cristian alin's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

if we were an old couple and dated for years.........

16. courtneylesueur's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

17. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

18. Garrison66's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

The dialogue is like Twitter before Twitter.

19. yasdnil's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

That part in the first few minutes where Parker Posey says "I'm gonna go look for some pot" and leaves the table? I should have followed her lead.

20. robin's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

Dialogue is great, but casting actors who seem much older than the characters that they are playing breaks the illusion and makes it hard to relate to.

21. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

I should have followed my intuition and stop it right after the first 20-30 minutes.

22. ladysnaggle's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

The dialogue is like Twitter before Twitter.

23. George Jones's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

As a twenty-something know-it-all, I have identified with few films more. My friends and aquaintances seem to fit too well into this world. Baumbach is a mastermind of witty banter.

24. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Kicking and Screaming

Fantastic writing. This one of Baumbach's finest and the best Generation X film.