1. Ghostman's rating of the film Kicks

An efficient, authentic crime/coming of age movie aimed at decrying gun violence. It is well acted, well shot & edited, and well directed. The ending does feel facile and at times the circumstances are too convenient. I think with changes to make the film more severe in consequence, it could have been a masterpiece in the vein of Clockers. Still a good film and I look forward to seeing the future work of all parties.

2. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Kicks

The description on mubi has almost nothing to do with the actual film

3. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film Kicks

4. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Kicks

5. dave gunn's rating of the film Kicks

Damn, what an underrate, hidden gem. This unusually artsy 'hood drama exposes the dangerous cycles of poverty, hypermasculinity, and violence in inner-city neighborhoods much like the films before it, but in an unprecedented way. Not only does this have a Jonah Hill type of humor throughout it, it also uses the symbolism of an astronaut ("When I grow up, I wanna be...") to represent childhood aspirations. Loved it.

6. nargs_au's rating of the film Kicks

Simple with, great execution. also the Synopsis here is totally wrong, unless someone edited it.

7. bencor's rating of the film Kicks

it's too basic to say this is boyz n the hood with shoes. it's more like a spiritual brother to Yann Demange's '71. i don't understand the foot game but i do understand trifle strife