1. HKFanatic's rating of the film Kidnap

Forget the Justice League, my favorite superhero of 2017 is Halle Berry in "Kidnap." I'm so glad the mid-to-low budget, star-anchored thriller for adults is a genre that continues to exist, if not thrive. "Kidnap" is like a Hitchcock movie stripped down to nothing but its chase scenes. This harrowing depiction of one mother's efforts to save her child from truly evil human traffickers had me on the edge of my seat.

2. Varun Saini's rating of the film Kidnap

it looked like Chrysler Town ad sometimes.. but was a good watch

3. paul_quixote's rating of the film Kidnap

Lean and exciting, but doesn't have the strangeness or unexpected flourishes I hope for. Reviews have focused on the film's "stupidity." And indeed, a movie about a woman single-handedly taking down a child trafficking ring, is stupid. It does have a logic, however: when faced with existential threat, other considerations become tiny. Loose ends pile up, but the film's thrust continues barreling toward true north.

4. marinaaaaaaaa's rating of the film Kidnap

5. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film Kidnap

One has to wonder why they wrestled to give something so mediocre and interchangeable a formal theatrical release time after time it was delayed or pushed back even further. "Kidnap" isn't bad, but it's repetitive, and Halle Berry's strength as a distraught mother is too much of a tentpole feature in a film that sags on both sides of being a well-edited thriller and one with competent, interesting villains.

6. vordven's rating of the film Kidnap