1. Tibulle85's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

(Suite de la rétrospective Bava sur Arte) Les mêmes codes que pour "la planète des vampires" mais appliqués à leur genre d'origine, soit l'horreur gothique. L'ambiance est bien entendu au top, les acteurs concernés, le fantôme de la petite fille est bien flippant, le scénario bien mené avec un bon climax. Le film connaît cpdt un sérieux trou d'air en son milieu, et l'image mériterait là aussi une petite restauration!

2. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

3. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

4. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

I don't know why people say this is one of his best

5. Rocco's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

Passable. Though I appreciate Bava's attempt at tackling a more classic, gothic ghost story...this is a far cry from Roger Corman or Hammer.

6. Andre's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

Bava's masterpiece. Probably the most sustained psychedelic nightmare on film (with my all-time favourite dream sequence), and scary as hell to boot. The culmination of all of Bava's themes, techniques and obsessions (and least until the more comic Lisa and the Devil).

7. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

As 90 % of the film takes place at night, Mario Bava can play with his beloved lights: red, blue, green and even yellow. Also a few artisanal horror tricks like the little girl's make-up (cf. 'Black Sabbath's dead countess) or the pursuit of the double in the mansion's rooms. Not the best Bava movie but still a lot better than the average gothic movie of the 60's. Recommended.

8. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

One of my favourite Bava films. Something very eerie and alluring about this light horror tale.

9. FISCHER's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

Une sympathique réalisation de Mario Bava, restée longtemps inédite... www.cinefiches.com

10. ermete polpette's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

11. Graveyard Poet's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

My favorite Mario Bava film (it was also the favorite of Fellini and Martin Scorsese named it Bava's best film.) Colorful, hallucinatory cinematography by Antonio Rinaldi, psychedelic, trippy score from Carlo Rustichelli, baroque, labyrinthine production design (especially the endless spiral staircase), and Fabienne Dali's mysterious performance as the sorceress. Spooky, chilling Gothic ghost story of occult depths.

12. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

13. Log Lady's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

Has some juicy Gothic visuals: fog, dark corridors and corners filled with dust and spider webs, a lovely cemetery, the appearance of the creepy child etc. Most of it just pales in comparison compared with Bava's other films, and the plot feels lazy as well. A good movie (albeit slightly dull and unpolished) if you try to think of it on its own, but doesn't represent Bava's oeuvre too well.

14. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

Esta fue la primera película que vi de Mario Bava y, la verdad, es que la subestimé en ese momento. Al revisitarla me he encontrado con una de sus mejores obras. Atmósferas góticas muy conseguidas, escenas de muerte increíbles y planos creativos y vigorosos.

15. Keith Fletcher's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

One of David Lynch's and Martin Scorsese's favourites. I can see why,very influential to both their styles.

16. filmcapsule's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

Flatter and visually tamer than both Black Sunday and Black Sabbath. It makes nice use of sets including hallways and spiral staircases, but the form and narrative surrounding some of these memorable moments are duller and sloppier compared with Bava's more successful films.

17. s1gh6's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

There are some interesting thoughts about psychology of the horror and fear. But the plot... I'm little bit disappointed.

18. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

Grandioso Bava.Fotografia qua al massimo livello,storia coinvolgente e dalle trovate incredibili,come il dottore che insegue se stesso nella villa,la scala a chiocciola da sotto,o la bambina con la palla bianca.Movimenti di camera a volte panoramici,a volte in soggettiva,da manuale del cinema.Uso fantastico di luci,ombre e fumo,a creare atmosfere perfette per ogni fan dell'horror.Forte Forte Forte.4*

19. Daniela's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

Meh, my first Bava. Kind of a disappointment, I didn't really like it.

20. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

21. CH!'s rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

It was intriguing to watch obvious influence from Hitchcock's zoom-track trick.

22. Canaletto's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

4 stars solely for the room-to-room chasing scene

23. Lewis's rating of the film Kill Baby, Kill!

Great film. First I'd seen from Mario Bava and definitely worth a watch.