1. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Kill the Messenger

"Some stories are just too true to tell"

2. bitterMoo's rating of the film Kill the Messenger

3. Ultra Kebab's rating of the film Kill the Messenger

4. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Kill the Messenger

It's easy to watch a film like Cuesta's and dismiss it as a reality of a twilight zone of sorts, as if it doesn't really concern us. It's easier to accept what we want to hear than dare to change. Kill the Messenger has strong ideas but doesn't always managed to gut the truth to the point of revolt. Renner carries the film with a down to earth, sincere and almost raw performance of a man who desires a better place.

5. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Kill the Messenger

the ending is like "what?" there was so much more story!

6. Jack Marsden's rating of the film Kill the Messenger

Rushed, hurried, impersonal storytelling. Skimps on drama for plot. Probably just as well to read a wiki article. 2.5/5

7. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film Kill the Messenger

Excellent "reporter chasing the story nobody wants to tell" film, though it would have just been average if not for Jeremey Renner's performance and the subdued direction. Oh and don't smoke crack. Apparently that's bad. Just fyi.

8. Addy K.'s rating of the film Kill the Messenger

With a first-rate performance by Jeremy Renner, Michael Cuesta's KILL THE MESSENGER is a furiously directed biopic and tragic drama about reporter Gary Webb's efforts to "tell the truth". Beautifully lensed by Sean Bobitt, here's a film that also has the balls to end on a complete downer with our hero literally leaving the frame. One thing though. Sorry, gotta ask: was Gary Webb really as dashing as Jeremy Renner?

9. Daniél Lindström's rating of the film Kill the Messenger

Jeremy Renner carries the film effortlessly and his performance outstrips the quality of the movie itself.

10. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Kill the Messenger

Even achieving an acceptable pace, I can’t deny I was disappointed with “Kill the Messenger”, which had everything to fly high but preferred to land in conventional territories. (2.5 stars)

11. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Kill the Messenger

With a dark sense of humor, Americans love to hear themselves talk about the so-called "freedom of the press". But whose freedom is it, exactly? One should ask the forgotten heroes of investigative journalism. The three or four that are still alive, that is. Factoid: There are 5 PR people every 1 journalist in the US. "You don't have journalists over there anymore." (Robert Crumb, 2015)

12. Scott Lucas's rating of the film Kill the Messenger

Yes - the true events are both fascinating and scary. And yes -the movie is less than gripping.

13. El Biffo's rating of the film Kill the Messenger

I first heard about the CIA bringing planeloads of narcotics into the country back in the 1970's, from a Vietnam vet who helped load the planes with heroin. To some, this is "conspiracy theory". To me, it's old news. Anyway, isn't that the CIA's job, dirty tricks, deposing elected governments that oppose corporate interests, and so on? This isn't great cinema, but it should be an important story for any American.