1. Nick Potter's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

Really good underseen noir gem, where the femme fatale gets to shine as the lead role. Lizabeth Scott is truly terrific in this.

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Too Late For Tears

Scott, Duryea and Kennedy: a winning trio. A movie to rediscover on Blu-Ray.

3. Rikard Westeman's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

I very much enjoyed this. A bit strange that the film is underappreciated, because it really has the feel of a classic noir. Lizabeth Scott is just great to watch as one of the most memorable femme fatales. Duryea's character has a surprisingly interesting dynamic with Scott's.

4. Landen Celano's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

Dan Duryea is at his squeaky best, and Lizabeth Scott is cool as steel.

5. David R Williams's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

Talk about your black widows. Possibly the darkest noir I've ever seen. Essential.

6. Chichago_'s rating of the film Too Late For Tears

She is a clever lady; but what goes around, comes around.

7. Brian Gutierrez's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

Follows the tropes of noir completely, but found it to show the design of the time period. It was a great window to the year. While having a good idea of how the film would end, I found myself not knowing exactly how everything would turn out. Which says something about the film.

8. Quattro's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

It starts off with the most clichéd plot – the good ol'bag full of money – but then brilliantly manages to keep the pace up for all its duration, twist after twist. I can't decide if the way they get the money is the most stupid or most brilliant plot device I've ever seen. Scott's character is just like, the most awful person in the world. BONUS: Mysoginy everywhere, they won't let you do stuff like this nowadays.

9. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

A restored noir masterpiece, with the elements that define the genre -- pure money lust, a hard boiled dame, characters hiding a secret, guns and more guns, shadowy figures, use of light and dark to define the evil that becomes us. Plus, we have that rotten, sniveling scoundrel, Dan Duryea. But this is Lisabeth Scott's calling card, a role that only she could perfect with vile intent plus a touch of vulnerability.

10. tinkerkeet's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

11. mpho3's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

"The best noirs implicate us in the guilt of the protagonist. Kathy and Don are supposed to represent the forces of normality, [yet] we never feel anything for them. Kathy is a bland cipher, and Don’s a smug asshole. We can easily imagine them sitting down w/ good old Alan for the most boring dinner." (J. Hinson, The Night Editor) Jane's actions are despicable but almost understandable thanks to Scott's performance.

12. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

(3.5 stars) Extremely solid film noir with a great femme fatale in Lizabeth Scott. Nice and dark toned film with a hard-boiled edge. Exciting reveal at the end as well. Felt a bit long in spots, but overall very solid.

13. captainfez's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

I lost count of the crosses. But the dames! Oh, the dames.

14. Ric Ostrower's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

15. Monkey Flix's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

What a dame! Harder than nails. On the Mohs scale, she's an 11.

16. Dogville59's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

17. Nafi Ayvaci's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

What can I tell, I am a sucker for femmes fatale.

18. Kaledman's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

19. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

'you're quite a gal, Mrs. Palmer.'

20. SpacePirate's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

Pretty good noir. Lizabeth Scott is one of fav femme fatales, particularly that film she made with Bogey whose name escapes me. The 'suitcase full of money randomly thrown into car by accident' angle is an interesting plot device, cant say Ive seen anything similar in a film before or since. Dan Duryea is seemingly in every noir ever made, and plays his normal role. 3.5 stars, worth a look

21. El Biffo's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

22. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

I enjoyed the wildly divergent acting styles. Felt true, somehow, even as it really heightened my awareness of artifice. Duryea's acting after his character started drinking really grabbed me. Great to see another movie with a woman as the main character, paired with Woman on the Run. I enjoyed this movie, thank you, Mubi, UCLA, and Flicker Alley.

23. Le temps perdu's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

Entertaining film noir, but the story has some flaws (chronology, continuity). Mubi offers a restored copy, much better than the one I have on a bargain DVD box ("50 Mystery Classics").

24. Loz Loory's rating of the film Too Late For Tears

2.5 Could have been called "Pandora's Portmanteau." Found Scott's acting overwrought, as well as the plot, as well as many of the music cues. (Though Scott was saddled with a character with no bounds to her evil. The serpent in the Garden of Eden probably had more heart.) Scott seemed to be doing a poor impersonation of Lauren Bacall. Once the good guy husband exits, there's not much reason to watch.