1. Ethan's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

Alec Guinness is pure genius in this comic gem.

2. SpacePirate's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

Fantastic comedy and the best Ealing release I have seen. Guiness is a tour de force playing 8 roles himself, and the plot is pretty unique and holds your attention. 4 stars. Check it out

3. Incubare-Sucubare's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

Entretenida, te mantiene al tanto. Bien realizada para la época. Vestuario impecable. Humor negro muy fino. El final .... jajaja

4. Delfino el magnífico's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

This is the first black and white movie I've enjoyed so much, it was thrilling, funny and peculiarly written. This last part I mention it because of the almost naive way that the situations occur. Also I find really interesting the cinematography and the discourse of the movie in general

5. Ric O's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

a bit dated, but somehow charming in its satirical royalistic englishness

6. lou.'s rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

I enjoyed it very much so, and it was unexpected.

7. Diegotoasted's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

Flawless and captivating plot. One of the best classics I've watched here

8. Pegarange's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

A very, very British dark comedy and a cold, non-grotesque satire. Alec Guiness may not be Peter Sellers, but he shows that he can be funny in multiple roles too.

9. Nelson Macedo Jr's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

one of the best classics I've ever seen! simply perfect!

10. Arunn's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

Brilliant biting satire with enough hidden nuggets in writing and content for multiple watch. How I wish cinema as an art form has always kept such standards even when it processes to merely entertain.

11. Diogo Pires's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

it has an undeniable refined sense of humor, a majestic performance by Dennis Price and Alec Guinness and a glass of irony that completes the recipe. ________________________________ what's up with that "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" bullshit in the end, though?

12. Atle Korsell's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

13. Tutu888's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

Funny in parts but also a bit dated. In my opinion The Ladykillers is the better Ealing comedy.

14. Trinankur Banerjee's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

If there was a perfect script, it is this. It’s almost scary.

15. Feellikeanumber's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

16. melankolic021's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

Unfortunately, this movie don’t have any artistic value except god performed roles.

17. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

A pitch black comedy that is rolled out in the most English of ways. It's very dry and full of droll narration and humor. One man's quest to wipe out an entire family, all played by Alec Guinness. This is the greatest conceit of the entire film. And it works really well. Usually I don't dig narration in a film, but it works quite well here. Heck, it's worth watching just for Alec Guinness playing all of these roles.

18. Monkey Flix's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

I put it to you that this film is overrated. I put it to you that this film isn't funny.

19. Nick Potter's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

Ah yes, it's A Gentleman's Guide To Love And Murder! How exciting! I find myself wondering why Alec Guinness and Peter Sellers didn't play literally every role ever.

20. El Biffo's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

Alec Guinness: "My Lord, the port is with you."

21. Jeff Heinzl's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

It's difficult to feel much sympathy for Louis when we spend so little time with his former, impoverished self. It's his seemingly invulnerable present self that determines what we see; ironic distance, rather than sympathy, becomes the goal. How little is it possible to care under the illusions of wealth and prestige? Blank-faced revenge is not beautiful or even violent; it simply glances by, a recognition of death.

22. Loz Loory's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

Brilliantly paced. Without the swift editing, all the deaths would have dragged on. Do wish the title in English had been "Noblesse Oblige" or "Blue Blood," as I never remember this movie in association with "Kind Hearts..." Alec Guinness is sublime, with a genius similar to Peter Sellers in "Lolita." One pedantic point that always bothers me: the wealthy Mancini would have had a manservant to open his front door.

23. zubee's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

24. Richard Donnelly's rating of the film Kind Hearts and Coronets

One of the greats of cinema. Subversive and funny. Have watched multiple times over the decades. Never ever gets old.

← Previous 1 3 4