1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Kinetta

I enjoy transgressive cinema. This one doesn't need much dialogue. It's a form of choreography, where you wonder how much the dancers are willing to put up with.

2. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Kinetta

Lanthimos’ first film has many elements of his signature style that made his later films so impressive, but in “Kinetta” they’re not well developed yet. “Kinetta” feels like a rehearsal and lacks the tension of his later films. “Kinetta” could have worked as a 40 minute short film, but as a feature film it is downright boring. It wasn’t going anywhere, nor was I as a viewer expecting anything but the film to end.

3. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Kinetta

4. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Kinetta

After an auteur/director first successful movie, it's hard not to think about his previous works as a bit surpassed. 'Kinetta' has some WTF moments and bizarre characters, but something is missing - something that Lanthimos has found in 'Dogtooth' and has masterfully developed till 'The Lobster'.

5. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film Kinetta

Slippers, Spinach pie, Car, Ice cube, Road, Bread, Home, Beach, Magazine, Rock, Paper, Scissor.

6. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film Kinetta

You can tell that there are a lot of ideas bubbling in here, ideas that define Lanthimos's posterior works, but it's a bit done in an amateur, pretentious way. It gets better as you understand the at first impenetrable characters, topping it off with some sublime final scenes. The struggle scenes are also gripping and beautiful.

7. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Kinetta

The dominant tone here is one of dislocation and disconnection, a world where human relating is replaced by fantasy, power games and perversity; the threadbare narrative and shaky handheld camerawork demand we keep our own distance as spectators. A difficult viewing experience and I'm not convinced it really needed 90 minutes to do its thing.

8. alf to the rescue's rating of the film Kinetta

Oddly captivating. Sexual and exploitative, could easily be described as a film where nothing much happens.

9. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film Kinetta

Not sure that the complete absence of narrative here is redeemed by anything particularly visually striking. Hints of Lanthimos's future paths, but only small ones...

10. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Kinetta

Greek Nothing-Core for a chronicle of a death foretold?

11. Rita Barbosa's rating of the film Kinetta

Very compelling characters, but very weird and hard to follow.

12. raggiodisole's rating of the film Kinetta

Not for plot/narrative lovers, and the blackest of black satires. if these are real lives that are being parodied, we can almost sympathise, but this is Crash-lite, really.

13. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Kinetta

wild night at Hotel Aspergers

14. La quinta luna's rating of the film Kinetta

15. chazell's rating of the film Kinetta

16. Dareos Khalili's rating of the film Kinetta

And so it begins Extremely hard to watch, I must admit. I loved it

17. anwoody's rating of the film Kinetta

Really unsatisfying and hard work to watch.

18. Ben Brady's rating of the film Kinetta

19. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Kinetta

The film that started it all. All the key ingredients are here: compulsive re-enactments, sadism, manipulation, copulation, control, abuse.. Inter nos, I'm glad Lanthimos dropped the Dogma 95-style (handheld camera, no make up, no studio lighting, improvisation etc.) in his subsequent films.

20. Nina's rating of the film Kinetta

21. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Kinetta

Hay como una especie de representación a una rutina "no cierta". Un grupo de personajes fingiendo o ficcionalizando sus realizadades. El filme es casi como una cadena de secuencias que no exclusivamente se empeñan a promover una historias, sino proyecciones de estos inmigrantes "invisibles". Una búsqueda de la identidad, tal vez.