1. Aukse's rating of the film King Kong

The story is good but to see it nowadays... Many moments to laugh and sometimes shots were just too long

2. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film King Kong

3. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film King Kong

I think if the racial implications were brought forward and the framing tweaked a bit, they could actually amount to something that makes this movie thematically timeless. The racial and sexual subtext actually are part of what still makes this interesting to watch. But the intentional hook, the groundbreaking effects/incorporation are what maintain this movie's place in cinematic history.

4. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film King Kong

'Twas great. The facial expressions they managed to give the monster are something else....they manage to humanize this giant ape, and that's what separates this from the rest of the monster movies of the time. This was maverick adventure filmmaking. Groundbreaking in so many ways, the most being in my opinion is that underrated magnificent score. This is the beginning of modern blockbuster moviemaking folks

5. Viginti_tres's rating of the film King Kong

Almost interesting. It skirts at saying something about movie-making and the imbuing of narratives, about racial iconography (though the casual racism and formal sexism throughout balk this reading). Ultimately though it is too svelte, as after the first fifteen minutes it becomes a silent movie. All loud action and bombast, no more character or dialogue. Setting the scene for cinema's future.

6. Tudor Rachieru's rating of the film King Kong

Bored me until Kong appeared. Wasn't expecting to see such VIOLENCE in a 1930s movie. 3.75

7. VincentVendetta's rating of the film King Kong

Man made Hollywood stereotype is no match for God made image. King Kong would predict the future of special effects-based cinema in more ways than one, actors and stars lost in this new world of possibles. The effects do not detract from the meaning, the effects are the meaning.

8. Steve G.'s rating of the film King Kong

9. Jalise's rating of the film King Kong

*insert hard eye roll*

10. Star Lord's rating of the film King Kong

Molto meglio quello di Jackson.

11. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film King Kong

http://letterboxd.com/larry_gopnik/film/king-kong/ Women and horror and non human scales.

12. SpacePirate's rating of the film King Kong

Fantastic. Fay Wray will forever be the quintessential damsel in distress. Top 5 monster flick

13. RoRoRoro's rating of the film King Kong

14. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film King Kong

Never thought the film would be this good, considering how old it is. Apart from the stupid romance, the story holds tight and the acting is very solid.

15. Sophia Park's rating of the film King Kong

ambitious, offensive, reflexive stuff from pre-Code era. valorised as arbitrarily as anything else in our cinematic canon is but imaginative as ever

16. Mr. Marston's rating of the film King Kong

17. Matt Rolls's rating of the film King Kong

18. Lance L O T's rating of the film King Kong

Watching a film under the stars, from eight years ago with a little girl aged five or six on the first row, makes any Kong soften. The idea of the film is very good, and the thought that cinema brings reality to New York and by doing that brings also so much horror...It is a film very literal about cinema and the effects for the time must have been awesome. A forward travelling scene with a dolly stuck to my mind...

19. AALC's rating of the film King Kong

Good and strong plot. Special effects that were a huge achievement in film industry. It does not matter which kind of movies do you like, this film just must be seen.

20. El Biffo's rating of the film King Kong

Great Cinema. Everything here is better than perfect, from all the thousands of small details, to the big things: Magnificent cinematography that makes me want to freeze-frame every few minutes or seconds, the direction, acting, script, and the story, so uniquely self referential, like facing two mirrors together. At the beginning Carl Denham tells us the plot of the film he is making, and it is the film we

21. Duncan Gray's rating of the film King Kong

The sexual politics and awkward theatrical style have, shall we say, dated. But viewing King Kong today from a totally impartial and adult perspective, I like it more than ever: it's a model of dramatic pacing, you can still feel the thrill of FX as an act of discovery, and on the edges is a provocative look at the ruthless showmanship that allowed movies to put their stamp over reality. "Seeing is believing" indeed.

22. Matthew Horvath's rating of the film King Kong

The Mother of all Monster Movies bar none!!! Willis O' Brien ... Max Steiner ... Fay Wray ... these are three of my favorite things!!! I still remember seeing this movie as a 2-year-old on Channel 9's "Million-Dollar Movie" around the Holidays in the late '70's. Dinosaurs, monster-gorillas, and scantily-clad blondes became the chief "milk-and-cookie break" topics for like the next 7 years after!!!

23. Log Lady's rating of the film King Kong

Definitely deserving of its classic status. Special effects are well ahead of its time, there's everything you need from a jungle adventure, and some of the action sequences are riveting even today. Then again, the pacing is not the greatest and I'm generally not interested in monster flicks with gigantic animals. Entertaining but occasionally drawn out.

24. THE APOLL0's rating of the film King Kong

Racist undertones aside this is still one of the great films of the 20th century.