1. Echydo's rating of the film Kings of Pastry

I can't help imagining how much better this subject would have been filmed had Wiseman been behind the camera...

2. El Biffo's rating of the film Kings of Pastry

Not comparable to early work by Hegedus/Pennebaker. and shot on TV-quality video, but still 3.7 stars.

3. arlinda's rating of the film Kings of Pastry

For a dessert addict like myself, and any other such addicts out there, this is the ultimate high (without the calories). I haven't seen a better piece of filmmaking about food, nevermind the sweetest of it.

4. JM M----'s rating of the film Kings of Pastry

Not a bad film but feels like there is so much more that could have been shown and said about the subject.

5. Lisa Morales's rating of the film Kings of Pastry

What a delicious film! More suspenseful than any fake thriller. I was heartbroken when ****** broke his ******. Must see full-length on POV.

6. Brian Padian's rating of the film Kings of Pastry

very moving exploration of artistic dedication and technical prowess

7. Mugino's rating of the film Kings of Pastry

The French culinary arts demand (and draw out) the ultimate in talent, technical sophistication and artistry. Watching these chefs of astounding calibre challenge themselves for the Meilleur Ouvrier de France (MOF) is such a privilege -- unlike the amateurish, trash-talking competitors on the Food Network, there is a grounded respect for the craft and for each other. I think I gained ten pounds watching this.

8. Brandon Isaacson's rating of the film Kings of Pastry

A beautiful film, I couldn't contain my emotion throughout. I fell deeply in love with the MOF culture. I don't know what else to say except that I was enchanted by the MOF, way more so than the particular "characters" or chefs. Added note: Elegant complex and amazing pastries galore!

9. PROKOSCH's rating of the film Kings of Pastry

Pleasingly intense for a documentary about soft-spoken pastry chefs; many hands-over-eyes at the screening. Pennebaker and Hegedus only very seldom let the tension release with turns towards scenes of domesticity. I'll likely count some of the moments in this film among my favorite of the year.