1. Marach Adipalin's rating of the film Kings of the Road

2. lemonish5's rating of the film Kings of the Road

"I won't be forced to show films where people stagger out stunned and rigid with stupidity, films that kill any joy of life inside them and destroy any feeling for themselves and the world." Forty-two years later, cinema is still very much alive, but it doesn't live in theaters anymore, not really. Wenders steeps his films in cynicism even while fighting against it sincerely. Could be the only battle worth fighting.

3. ConorKennedy's rating of the film Kings of the Road

It’s not fancy, and at some point you’re going to watch someone deficating, but what an adventure of a film. Wenders has a way of making even the simplest of films feel epic.

4. Denis Zordan's rating of the film Kings of the Road

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Kings of the Road

Un superbe "road-movie" d'une évidente et lumineuse profondeur... www.cinefiches.com

6. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Kings of the Road

7. Jason's rating of the film Kings of the Road

Kings of the Road keeps coming back into my life. First saw it in my early teens. On VHS. It was two tapes long. I accidentally watched the second tape first. Watched it w/ my first love years later. Saw it at the BFI not much short of a decade after that. Now the Criterion Blu-ray. It is a movie about the road, sure. But it is preeminently a movie about being a man, and every time I pass it I am a new set of eyes.

8. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Kings of the Road

9. Dzernera's rating of the film Kings of the Road

Another beautiful, simple & gentle road-movie by WW about 2 nostalgic souls sharing some of the roads (be it physical venture into the unknown or mental longing for something irretrievable) we stumble upon while running through our lives that seem to be as useless and exciting at the same time as the movies screened in the doomed and forgotten cinemas. Orgasmic soundtrack.

10. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Kings of the Road

My favorite Wenders. What about that famous line: "The Americans have colonized our subconscious." Where is that jukebox now?

11. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Kings of the Road

Nothing like Wender's early B/W photo work; cool roady flick as well. The guys should have tried getting it on together, may have ended happier! heheh

12. kristiangunn@gmail.com's rating of the film Kings of the Road

The archetypal road movie, German style

13. stripey's rating of the film Kings of the Road

Childhood re-appraised in analogue slow-motion. A long, long film with a dry and dusty atmosphere that lingers in the memory.

14. riraru's rating of the film Kings of the Road

15. v i k t o r's rating of the film Kings of the Road

Voici pourquoi le cinéma, le noir et blanc...

16. Merih Sakarya's rating of the film Kings of the Road

All journeys made are made to the childhood. Our life is a journey rooted from childhood. We try to discover the heavenly earth we found in our childhood, in the rest of our life. Real journeys also involves a making account oneself. All journeys are made to oneself. I love Wenders.

17. Marta Donati's rating of the film Kings of the Road

18. Sencer Gülün's rating of the film Kings of the Road

19. Artem Eihart's rating of the film Kings of the Road

Being conceptually static and compelled to be a connection, european road can only simulate american one. Except all these gas station signboards and Coke automats it has nothing to offer to american on-the-road spirit with its sliding-like motion style and carefree driving. Gothic churches will never become wayside motels. That's that. But the movie is good anyway.

20. Sebastien's rating of the film Kings of the Road

Lushly shot early Wenders. Long running time, but packed with beautiful and subtle moments. I like.

21. Blumes's rating of the film Kings of the Road

This is what you hand someone when they ask about New German cinema.

22. knockkneed's rating of the film Kings of the Road

A grown-up Stroszek. Has unusually shrewd usage of kitsch and whimsical set dressings; shows Jarmusch, Anderson, and Herzog how it's done.

23. Stevie's rating of the film Kings of the Road

The road movie. I love the feeling of just driving across the country with no real direction in mind, no urgency. You can tell that a lot of the film is unscripted. A really great way to make a film.

24. José Neves's rating of the film Kings of the Road

cinematography by Robby Müller and Martin Schäfer.