1. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Kino Eye

Historical important documentary. Unfortunately the music is played very badly...

2. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Kino Eye

Essential Viewing- this film nicely contrasts Vertov's Man With a Movie Camera, in that where that film was about the Communist machine, this was about the working class proletarians.

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Kino Eye

4. Diderot's rating of the film Kino Eye

Vertov's imagining of collective life.

5. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Kino Eye

6. Kamran's rating of the film Kino Eye

A masterclass in film editing and the underrated little brother of Vertov's opus MAN WITH A MOVIE CAMERA. Simply wonderful. 95/100 - Amazing.

7. Julia Lesmister's rating of the film Kino Eye

For its time, it is certainly something to behold. On the other hand, its propaganda on too many levels. Unfortunately, I've always found the absence of diegetic sound discomforting. A silent film has to be pretty special for me to get over this loss, and this one just isn't. It is, however, subtly amusing, and technically brilliant, so there's that.

8. EdieEmm's rating of the film Kino Eye

"No more traditions chains shall bind us; arise ye slaves, no more in thrall!" The camera, freed from motives of profit & pandering, freed from the tyranny of human limitations, a modernist (futurist!) mechanical eye, capable of seeing the world beyond restricted perceptions of time & space, imparting the lessons necessary for the transition to the glorious proletarian/machine future! Rapturous experimental cinema.

9. Jason's rating of the film Kino Eye

A grid of treatise beneath a shimmering slab of art all pertaining to the liberation of the eye in a brave new world of emancipatory (sigh, if only our kino man had known (although perhaps I am not stepping back far enough)) wonders.