1. hemachandra's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

A genre-bending film so transcendent it can be considered as an alien transmission.

2. jonijtr's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

3. -REM-'s rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

4. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

Forse ***/ ancora più giusto. Testimonianza delle paranoie made in USA anni '50 o McGuffin datato? Sicuramente un grande noir, con un protagonista duro e violento costretto a misurarsi con un mondo tosto almeno quanto lui. Aldrich film divinamente.

5. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

6. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

I love how the plot of the movie is actually razor-thin. The way it is propelled is at times very out of nowhere, but it kinda works. Really keeps the mystery alive, as well as echos the cold war paranoia. Other than that the noir / horror iconography is really on point, but never to the point of visual decadence. A great classic that deserves to be seen.

7. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

8. bitchwitched's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

Noir at its finest. Brilliant writing and a great music selection make the story so immersive and interesting you can barely think about anything else.

9. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

3-4. Starts off as a technically solid Film noir story before developing in an intriguingly abstract direction that not only reveals the point of the whole story, but ties the movie directly to the political context hiding behind its style.

10. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

In the opening scenes with Leachman, the great dialogue and mystery ignite the mystery of Kiss Me Deadly. Yet, the overcomplicated plot soon proves to bog the pace and tone down this noir to be not as gripping, suspenseful, and encroaching as others of its type. However, when Aldrich's direction is getting creative, like his use of angles, it's memorable. Good thematic use of a MacGuffin, as well.

11. le Gars's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

12. Erik F.'s rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

Surprised by how dull I found this. Based on everything I'd heard or read about it, I was expecting something more lurid, surreal, and intense. Memorable ending though.

13. Diogo Monteiro's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

One of my favorite Noir movies of all time!

14. alice's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

Intrigante pellicola hard boiled con derive apocalittico-fantascientifiche.

15. marco's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

tough guys the best of film noir

16. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

A standard-setting, vertiginous, razzle-frazzle labyrinth, this crackerjack gumshoe schattenspiel, shot in a semi-imaginary, now utterly lost Bunker Hill and shot through with all the transfixins up to and including nuclear frisson, dares to ask the question: "Everyone everywhere is so involved in the fruitless search for what?" Va va voom, and how.

17. James Mackin's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

This is a pretty good film noir that builds to a spectacular ending. Nothing can prepare you.

18. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

Evil, cynical, perverse. Everything about it screams Wrong, from its reverse titles, heavy breathing, torture and whoring, and then it gives the American Dream, and what keeps all this debauchery safe, a not-so-subtle Middle Finger.

19. MS1915's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

Superb. A noir film that delivers both in front and behind the camera. While I think the plot can be confusing at times, the camera, lighting, & acting more than make up for it. Raw and unnerving.

20. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

The answering machine hums and crackles in my dreams.

21. Ronja's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

scary stuff... I loved the cinematography and Welda's sweat though. The science fiction aspect was totaly unexpected for me but worked fine. Strange, dark and ambiguous, it stays with you. The modernity of this film, especially the feminist perspective really surprised me.

22. SpacePirate's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

One of the most original noirs, taking a weary genre (by this point in the 50s) and flipping it on its head a bit. Essential viewing. 4.5 stars

23. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

tough atmosphere, but ralph hadn't got the swing. and the plot gets lost in itself. the ending is farofa.

24. Ahmet UJeschk's rating of the film Kiss Me Deadly

One of the best in American noir. Instead of mimics in French noirs, emphasized action , jazz music and fists of course.

← Previous 1 3 4