1. FISCHER's rating of the film Kiss of Death

Un étonnant Richard Widmark ! www.cinefiches.com

2. _OOO_'s rating of the film Kiss of Death

3. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Kiss of Death

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Kiss of Death

I never quite understand these movies where we're supposed to have pity on the criminal (Mature) because he has a family. I think it's because of the hair. Mature has such beautiful hair. It makes him more sympathetic. It's why he was perfect for Samson. Udo on the other hand has hair that makes him look deranged when he's not hiding it under that big hat. It's an amazing set of performances.

5. SpacePirate's rating of the film Kiss of Death

Very solid noir with possibly Mature's best acting performance. Unfortunately, he is overshadowed a bit by Widmark's crazy good debut performance, and that tends to be all one remembers about the film. Reminds of Naked City at times with the NYC location shooting and semi-doc style, but I feel like that one was the better picture. Still worth a look. Solid 4 stars

6. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Kiss of Death

★★★ 'You think a squealer can get away from me?'

7. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Kiss of Death

Psycho Killer, qu'est-ce que c'est. fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better, run run run run run run run away!

8. godlovesugly's rating of the film Kiss of Death

"Who was the greatest influence on your life? Richard Widmark in Kiss of Death.When Widmark pushed that old lady in that wheelchair down that flight of stairs, it was like a personal breakthrough for me.It resolved a number of conflicts.I copied his sadistic laugh and used it for ten years.Remember that creepy laugh?Hyena-faced.A ghoulish titter.It clarified a number of things in my life.Helped me become a person."

9. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film Kiss of Death

Richard Widmark shines here as Tommy Udo and his performance makes this noir more compelling.

10. João Eça's rating of the film Kiss of Death

Richard Widmark is the movie but, unfortunately, the movie doesn't stand up for him.

11. this uncharming man's rating of the film Kiss of Death

Richard Widmark turns a semi mediocre noir into an above average picture with his academy award nominated performance as the chuckling killer Tommy Udo. You'd get the impression that Heath Ledger watched this movie before his attempt at playing the Joker. The film also has a neo-realist style before the Italians took it into full force, by filming most of the film in real life New York, and not in a studio.

12. chanandre's rating of the film Kiss of Death

[Cinémathèque PT #461: 35 mm] (2007) - forgot Nicholson (or Ledger's) Joker, this is the scariest death laugh in talking movie history.

13. delbertgrady's rating of the film Kiss of Death

I heard that this film influenced David Lynch's 'Lost Highway'

14. Dave's rating of the film Kiss of Death

One of the biggest myths of classic Hollywood is that Henry Hathaway’s Kiss of Death is worthwhile solely because of the over-the-top screen debut of Richard Widmark. To be certain, Widmark’s performance as bloodthirsty hoodlum Tommy Udo is incendiary, so it is understandable that it would overshadow other elements of the film. It’s unfortunate, because there is so much more to it than just Widmark.

15. Silenzio's rating of the film Kiss of Death

Tommy Udo, surely the most memorable movie villain ever

16. Pulpwino's rating of the film Kiss of Death

Tommy Udo, you no good creep: how dare you keep Vic Mature from the straight and narrow!