1. skrt's rating of the film Klute

Utilizzare una storia di genere per raccontare un ambiente completamente diverso. In Klute la vita di Bree (Jane Fonda) viene scandagliata sotto l'occhio scrutatore della macchina da presa, la sua necessità di controllo si realizza nel soddisfare le richieste sessuali dei suoi clienti e si nega al contempo nella sua incapacità di abbandonare questo stesso ambiente nel quale è costretta a vivere. Jane Fonda e...

2. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Klute

Fonda, Fonda oh my. This performance she could convince me to do anything. And Gordon Willis....I'm sure after this everyone was clamoring for his eye.

3. Alex's rating of the film Klute

4. jenstor's rating of the film Klute

The deepest thriller ever? masterpiece score masterpiece Fonda

5. Teona Gal's rating of the film Klute

6. lessthanzero's rating of the film Klute

In my top 10. Everything is great about it, from the storyline, to character development, to superb acting. Jane Fonda's Oscar is well-deserved.

7. Balthaz21's rating of the film Klute

8. Igor Ramos's rating of the film Klute

Jane Fonda's Oscar-winning-role is the best thing about this film. She's confident yet vulnerable, you want to trust her but you're never sure about how much she really knows about what's going on. If there was any chemistry lacking between the lead couple, it wasn't her fault. The crime mystery itself was a bit dull, but the whole fashion-trashy-party vibe of the 70s mixed with some noir made it kinda nice to watch.

9. Aardsy's rating of the film Klute

Jane Fonda rocks the hell out of this.

10. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Klute

Jane Fonda. Jane Fonda. Jane Fonda giving a once-in-a-lifetime performance, never to be matched in her career.

11. HKFanatic's rating of the film Klute

Alan J. Pakula's revered 'paranoia trilogy' gets off to an inauspicious start. "Klute" follows two parallel tracts - one is a suspense thriller, the other is a street level expose of a woman who feels a compulsion towards prostitution. Rarely do these storylines seem to dovetail organically, and overall "Klute" feels more like the prototype for the kind of picture Brian de Palma would master in just a few years.

12. Güntülü Yılmaz's rating of the film Klute

Allaam sen bütün erkek kullarına çirkin karizması ver. Teşekkürler.

13. film_lies101's rating of the film Klute

Part modern noir, part Giallo, and also a stunning portrait of urban loneliness. That soundtrack, OH MY LAWD

14. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Klute

With a languid pace and dark atmosphere, this thriller isn't very interested in holding it's audience's hands. Instead, it envelops you with its beautiful cinematography & performances from Sutherland & Fonda. It may not by the classic neo-noir I was expecting, but Pakula's thriller is a solid romp through paranoia & repression.

15. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Klute

I saw this movie several years ago and was eager to watch it again, with very positive memories on my mind. But, to my surprise things turned out differently. What a disappointment. Neither Sutherland nor Fonda could make it for me this time. Admittingly boring, the end ok, but overall boring.

16. Ahmet UJeschk's rating of the film Klute

Terrific film, terrific cinematography.

17. Charlie Bury's rating of the film Klute

Great cinematography and acting make for a great picture!

18. angelicidea's rating of the film Klute

It is a love-story really...

19. Terri Wise's rating of the film Klute

By far the best performance I've ever seen from Jane Fonda.

20. dschank's rating of the film Klute

though marginally a murder mystery, "klute" is more concerned with the balance between sex and intimacy. unlike most hollywood cinema, the former isn't always an expression of the latter. and unlike a lot of underground cinema, "klute" is never fatalistic about the potential to have both. many joke about jane fonda these days, but in 1971 she was a hell of an actor - as smart and charming as the movie itself.

21. Jonathan Shields's rating of the film Klute

I once read an interview with the Donald S. wherein he claimed that the sex scene in Klute was filmed about twenty-minutes after he and Fonda had actually "fucked", was the word he used, I believe.

22. Scottie Ferguson's rating of the film Klute

Why doesn't this get more attention? A tight, suspenseful thriller with quite a lot to say. It's all about masks, identity, "acting" - dare I say this is the Persona of 70s thrillers.

23. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Klute

24. Nikola's rating of the film Klute

Really wonky at times, and the murder mystery bit got really old really fast for me, but to see the '70s gender roles on full display here, and Jane Fonda walking the liminal space between a woman scared of affection, yet one culturally conditioned to seek it, is quite fascinating.