1. simona dumitriu's rating of the film Knife in the Water

2. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Knife in the Water

never quite bubbled over for me. not a good indicator of the impressive work of Polanski's that was to follow, in my opinion

3. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film Knife in the Water

4. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Knife in the Water

3-4. It's flawed in that the plot doesn't really catch fire until the third act. This is the type of film that largely attempts to sustain itself on evocations (a game of pick-up sticks that reveals the natures of its participants; a constantly exchanged phallic knife, etc.) and quiet tension between its three capably acted leads. And the payoff is so good that it almost compensates for the early plotting problems.

5. Nachtreich's rating of the film Knife in the Water

6. Alden's rating of the film Knife in the Water

I found this as interesting as a minimalistic film where three people share a boat resulting in a triangle where the profile of each character is well delineated, and a growing rivalry between the older and younger men with a tendency to childish competition. I didn't see much cinematography or themes emerge from this one, but others may find minimalistic perfection in that theatrical back and forth between the 3.

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Knife in the Water

Une oeuvre vraiment superbe, d'une intelligence de ton et d'observation remarquable, voire parfaite, entre cynisme narquois et rapports de force permanent... www.cinefiches.com

8. etilen's rating of the film Knife in the Water

So, you do know how to swim.

9. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Knife in the Water

10. postblueink's rating of the film Knife in the Water

7/10 (21.08.2016). The first film by Polanski. Polish. good.

11. Dalibor's rating of the film Knife in the Water

Although sheer content of Polanski's first feature film is noting in particularly intriguing apart from a casual boat trip (or not so casual hitchhiking) it offers such a constant tension between protagonists, even the simplest of affairs are experienced as dramatic climaxes on the verge of unavoidable tragedy. It ends with a pun as a tragedy does and does not happen', depending on different characters point of view.

12. ceknklsn's rating of the film Knife in the Water

13. Eric Porcelluzzi's rating of the film Knife in the Water

14. Sophy Romvari's rating of the film Knife in the Water

How does the camera do that?!

15. HSBilly's rating of the film Knife in the Water

remarkable. the shots, angles, movement, you name it....

16. Dignan's rating of the film Knife in the Water

The good side of Polanski's sexual obsession.

17. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Knife in the Water

7.5/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2dH

18. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Knife in the Water

19. SpacePirate's rating of the film Knife in the Water

Polanski gets off to a great start here. 4.5 stars

20. francine's rating of the film Knife in the Water

Recently viewed. I am on the fence with this. Expertly shot with the probing camera, boldly and cryptic characters but sleepy. I hate to love Roman.

21. AALC's rating of the film Knife in the Water

Such powerful shots, angles and movement of the camera! It was absolutely beautiful.

22. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film Knife in the Water

23. Muraki's rating of the film Knife in the Water

24. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Knife in the Water

I enjoyed so much of the detail about going sailing. The tension is so subtly built, you at first feel bad for noticing it invade this day out. She held my attention mostly, a very real female.

← Previous 1 3 4 5