1. Carambotti's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

Dream-like movie, where the men are beautiful and the adventure is real. Gorgeously shot, soft on the edges, and almost totally free of suspense. A Nordic nationalist salute to discovery.

2. Violet Rien's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

3. Taufiq Hariyadi's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

The type of movie that I found on television; how a simple matter can change one's life and affect others

4. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1ZO

5. mpho3's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

"It’s frustratingly ironic that Kon-Tiki’s most outrageously fantastical sequences are completely verifiable, and its most predictable, workaday conflicts are completely made up. This is filmmaking of great ambition and ability, though it’s not always conducive to solid storytelling."Andrew Barker, Variety. As a sidenote, Heyerdahl’s theories still have not been widely accepted.

6. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Kon-Tiki

**1/2. Superb cinematography but the screenplay is infantile. An advertising for Greenpeace. Too bad.

7. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

It took me some time to get in the film as the main actor was a bit stiff in his manners. However, It was interesting from a life perspective to see how this famous ethnographer followed his will to demonstrate his theory that polynesia had been populated by peruvians, embarking on a handmade raft and leaving his family behind. I am still wondering how they could film live animals this way. Amazing special effects...

8. NICOLE86's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

The cinematography was gorgeous but the story is misleading.

9. Yuri La's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

Too many people on that raft doing nothing, but it's the positive support that counts that is exactly the mood the story wants to convey, that's probably why the loss of members would have badly affected it. Stars deserved for the amazing digital effects!

10. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

The soundtrack reinforced the sense of heroism, in a super-budget film that failed a prominence place among cinematic odysseys. Full review and rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/

11. msmichel's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

A wonderful adventure story marred by its own self importance much like the directors' take on 'Max Manus' a few years ago. When it sticks to the journey and the adventure taking place on the voyage it is quite enjoyable and often awe inspiring; however back on land the film drags exhausting the good will one might give it. In a stronger director's hands could have really been something special instead of passable.

12. Daniel Alanis's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

A bit cheesy at times but still pretty good. The cinematography is amazing.

13. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

Though the story is pretty standard stuff, this inspirational period adventure has beautiful cinematography and performances that are genuinely good.

14. Mathieu Verbeeck's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

A man-against-nature adventure in optimistic post-World War II era. Not the greatest acting (next time, just stick with Norwegian instead of an annoying English accent), but beautifully shot and boasting seamless, stunning visual effects | ✮✮✮

15. Kerem Soyyılmaz's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

What do you want from refrigerator salesmen? What is your problem ;p

16. MGeo's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

This is a very good movie about the epic journey of Thor Heyerdahl. For a Norwegian film, it has a very oddly Hollywood feel to it. I'm sure that would distract a lot of people, but I liked that about it. All the actors were very well-suited to this challenge and I really enjoyed their performances. It does have a few cliches, but not enough to ruin the film. Overall, very good movie and worth an hour and a half.

17. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

A chilling cautionary tale about the risks of inviting refrigerator salesman pretty much anywhere. Also a ringing endorsement of the power of positive thinking; and a long-awaited, irrefutable demonstration that tall, fit, blonde vikings look nice with their shirts off.

18. Teresa Silva's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

but why oh WHY WOULD THEY ATTEMPT TO KILL A SHARK

19. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

20. Steve's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

21. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

It has it's great moments at sea, but it is kinda corny in it's biographical approach and it is kinda terrible whenever the camera and the actors are not adrift at the sea.

22. Cbarky99's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

The fact that some of the details were changed to make things more dramatic is as unsurprising as it is disappointing. What's more the fact the filmmakers are able to move so effectively from a close-quarters scene detailing the sense of being caught in a storm at sea to gorgeous vistas from space, portraying the voyagers as ants suggest the changes weren't really necessary.

23. Nutter Jr's rating of the film Kon-Tiki

When I found out that this a film nominated for an academy award for Foreign film about a true story of an explorer's epic crossing of the Pacific on a balsa wood raft in 1947, i thought it would be at least dramatic if not intense. Instead I felt completely disengaged and completely bored by the whole experience. Only worthwhile moment of the film where the camera pans up all the way to space and back to the raft.

24. galuh indri's rating of the film Kon-Tiki