1. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Kotoko

2. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Kotoko

Motherhood as an endless abject experience. Tsukamoto uses the grammar of exploitation films to turn our worst thoughts and fears into experiences of genuine terror and sorrow. Definitely one of his best along with A Snake of June and Gemini.

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Kotoko

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Kotoko

5. Nino Lasso's rating of the film Kotoko

Put that baby down, please!

6. Ostermyers's rating of the film Kotoko

7. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Kotoko

The most alarming film I've seen since 'Secret Sunshine', and probably just as profound. Tsukamoto finds a few fresh buttons to push I didn't know I had. To say this deals simply with horror of the body, or the fear of responsibility, or horror for the future, would be an injustice to the full experience. I felt the boundaries of film technique being pushed just so slightly outward. Masterful, radical stuff.

8. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Kotoko

This severe disturbance of the mind will please the fans of psychological horror but not those who are looking for a good story. Full Review and Rating on http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/

9. HKFanatic's rating of the film Kotoko

Good God. Judging from that still, I *need* to see this movie as soon as possible. I felt Shinya Tsukamoto lost his way with the overly commercial "Nightmare Detective" series, but this looks like he's back on track in a big way. Can't wait.

10. msmichel's rating of the film Kotoko

TIFF '11 Wild, crazy new pic from Tsukamoto examining the on the edge minute to minute existence of a woman living a nightmare. Kotoko is a single mum unable to tell the difference between the real and the imagined. Much like Polanski's "Repulsion" her nightmares are constantly coming to life around her.She loses custody of her sun and falls into a relationship with a masochist played by Tsukamoto himself. Harrowing.

11. jimmymarkum's rating of the film Kotoko

12. Xesus Duarte Patiño Rumbo's rating of the film Kotoko

Disturbing, unsettling. Love it. I hold my breath in almost the entire movie.

13. Cosi's rating of the film Kotoko

14. Frank ViSo's rating of the film Kotoko

La rinascita di Tsukamoto. Sismico! The rebirth of Tsukamoto. Seismic!

15. nosuri's rating of the film Kotoko

Although I think the end lacks something (something that could make the movie end in a terrific way), it's still a pretty intense (and amazing) experience to watch this film. Cocco's acting was excellent and it made me feel somewhat uncomfortable at some parts, just like the movie itself (I must say this is a good thing to me). It's not a movie for everyone to enjoy with their family, that's for sure.

16. Mehdi Jahan's rating of the film Kotoko

This might just be Tsukamoto's most sad,depressing,heart wrenching and beautiful film yet, with all his characteristic bizarreness intact ! an unsettling and delectably absurd allegory on a mother's love for her child and the maddening extent to which this sense of love,protection,care and the resultant possessiveness can manifest ! an absorbing watch !

17. edojyo_ji's rating of the film Kotoko

Japanese Screen w/ Tsukamoto & Cocco Q&A: Incredibly powerful film with an deservedly-praised performance from Cocco. Unfortunately narrative arc and any attempt at justification of the psychological problems suffered by the protagonist go out the window in favour of a deafening and terrifying portrayal of mental breakdown from the inside.