1. ZiggySan's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

It's a good idea, but it's not exactly fun to watch...

2. MisterColo93's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

3. DSPRKY's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

The second act is so unrelenting as to work the viewer into a frenzy. On the whole this work is bleak and depressing but beautiful all the same.

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

Refresher course on planet Earth, set to some lovely Philip Glass music. See it again.

5. Hippie Anime Trash's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

One of the most pointless movies I've ever seen in my life... It gave me a headache.

6. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

The message is fine, I’m here for the beautiful imagery. It’s like an updated “Man With a Movie Camera” in a way. Would be a good double feature.

7. polkasan's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

Philip Glass's score is a masterpiece.

8. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

I honestly tilted my head with the camera and couldn't stop moving my legs over the excitement the city scenes were causing in me. I just wished there was a more discernible pattern or driving force, storywise. It goes without saying: great soundtrack.

9. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

4.5 // it is so ahead of its time and has influenced so much of what was going to come its grandiloquence is forgiven. fantastic

10. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

11. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

Rewatched and re-loved. This is what we were, this is what we are. One of my favorite documentaries.

12. Nachtreich's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

L'ho già detto che per questo cinema sono frocio.

13. thelastronaut's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

This film feels like God meditating... and maybe regretting. So beautiful.

14. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

Some niggles, but my prejudices stand corrected: This is nothing like the overblown "National Geographic" special BARAKA (directed by Reggio's DP, Fricke). Rather, a wary, captivating post-globalization, -Antonioni, -Benning, and -Debord (the latter credited!!) update on the "city symphony." Neither the bounty of technique, nor the sacred-leaning Glass music, nor the Hopi-derived didacticism go amiss toward this aim.

15. ermete polpette's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

16. RodrigoPereira's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

17. ughchenausea's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

mi ha fatto pensare alla video arte del martedì: noia mortale

18. Aardsy's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

Picked a bad day to quit taking mescaline.

19. Aukse's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

The role model for the others which were made later on - Baraka, Samsara, etc

20. Landen Celano's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

Planet Earth on acid. I don't know how, but Reggio takes an omnipotent stance in the 4th dimension where he can pluck and manipulate any image in time. One of a kind.

21. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

I saw this film at the age of 16 in an art-house theater in West Los Angeles during its initial release in the early 1980s. I had never seen anything like it. Mind blown, life changed. Part meditation, part manifesto, part documentary, part music video. The film shows its age but the message ('Life out of balance') remains relevant. Cinematographer Ron Fricke would direct and shoot 'Baraka' on his own a decade later.

22. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

23. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

24. João Martins's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

Just brilliant. Few words can describe the amount of power and clairvoyance that such variety of images and videos sequences can make about our people, our society, our way of acting in the world.

← Previous 1 3 4 5