1. lofisofi's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

2. bartkl's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

This must be one of the most awesome experiences I've had in quite a while. Such beautiful symbiosis between Glass's music and Fricke's photography; storytelling without a single word spoken or written! This is truly virtuoso cinema. When NASA decides to send out a follow-up to their Golden Record they shouldn't forgot to include this film as an experiential document of what planet Earth and humans are all about.

3. mubianer's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

Help, our beautiful planet is invaded by early 1980s people with no fashion sense! Note to self: Get high if ever watching this again. This is what they call a stoner classic.

4. Daniel Iván's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

A touchstone of the strictly non-theatrical cinema canon, perhaps only comparable to "Man with a movie camera". Radically superior to any other Reggio film, perhaps because this one feels more like a fortunate accident and less as an articulated discourse. A true work of art.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

Première partie d'une trilogie, un film "documentaire" inoubliable et "planant"... www.cinefiches.com

6. edpwilson's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

I forgot I was watching a film at the end

7. MisterColo93's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

8. DSPRKY's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

The second act is so unrelenting as to work the viewer into a frenzy. On the whole this work is bleak and depressing but beautiful all the same.

9. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

Refresher course on planet Earth, set to some lovely Philip Glass music. See it again.

10. Hippie Anime Trash's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

One of the most pointless movies I've ever seen in my life... It gave me a headache.

11. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

The message is fine, I’m here for the beautiful imagery. It’s like an updated “Man With a Movie Camera” in a way. Would be a good double feature.

12. polkasan's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

Philip Glass's score is a masterpiece.

13. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

I honestly tilted my head with the camera and couldn't stop moving my legs over the excitement the city scenes were causing in me. I just wished there was a more discernible pattern or driving force, storywise. It goes without saying: great soundtrack.

14. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

4.5 // it is so ahead of its time and has influenced so much of what was going to come its grandiloquence is forgiven. fantastic

15. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

16. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

Rewatched and re-loved. This is what we were, this is what we are. One of my favorite documentaries.

17. Nachtreich's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

L'ho già detto che per questo cinema sono frocio.

18. thelastronaut's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

This film feels like God meditating... and maybe regretting. So beautiful.

19. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

Some niggles, but my prejudices stand corrected: This is nothing like the overblown "National Geographic" special BARAKA (directed by Reggio's DP, Fricke). Rather, a wary, captivating post-globalization, -Antonioni, -Benning, and -Debord (the latter credited!!) update on the "city symphony." Neither the bounty of technique, nor the sacred-leaning Glass music, nor the Hopi-derived didacticism go amiss toward this aim.

20. ermete polpette's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

21. RodrigoPereira's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

22. ughchenausea's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

mi ha fatto pensare alla video arte del martedì: noia mortale

23. Aardsy's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi

Picked a bad day to quit taking mescaline.

24. Aukse's rating of the film Koyaanisqatsi