1. Conor Black's rating of the film Krisha

2. nadnab's rating of the film Krisha

3. abyantama's rating of the film Krisha

4. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Krisha

Ludicrously technical 4 walls drama where nothing actually happens as most of auterish american cinema, but way better than expected. Sometimes I really wonder why they rely on such static movies to try to convey some meaning.

5. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Krisha

I thought this was gonna be an horror movie and in many ways that's exactly what it was. Trey Edwards Shults lures is with his dizzying cinematography, editing and clorwork soundtrack, but when you think that it may lack substance, Krisha Fairchild releases the kracken and you get sucked into her own wirlwind. And you don't even want to let go of it.

6. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Krisha

I like this as experimental american cinema, it has a lot of nice segments - the smoking scenes with the brother-in-law, the sister's final breakdown, the mother's scenes - very real. But the film as a piece felt underwhelming. I think this kind of film asks for a better climax - or maybe a stronger point of view within one specific genre.

7. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Krisha

8. traag-1's rating of the film Krisha

This film has got to be a K.O. punch to any self-loathing alcoholic derelict parent who also happens to be a film fan. I don't speak from that particular experience but I could say this might have an effect on me if I was in Krisha's shoes in reality. The overall sense of incoming dread transformed a paradigm 3pm Maury Povich situation into a harrowing nightmare.

9. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Krisha

"You're a leaver, an abandoneer." For Krisha, living means using and disappearing. Well into her seventh decade as this dizzying, dolorous domestic nightmare gets underway, Krisha's looking ever less likely to change, no matter how hard she tries to put in "the work," and no matter how many times her sister swears that there's still time. That Krisha is probably Shults' mother piles pathos upon bone-pared pathos.

10. nematomaranka's rating of the film Krisha

cheers for all the experiments and uneasiness

11. mariatavares's rating of the film Krisha

Amazing soundtrack, makes you feel just like inside Krisha's body and tormented soul. A really intense experience.

12. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Krisha

This. Movie. Is. AMAZING! In a lot of ways this film is the epitome of independent filmmaking. Krisha was filmed in only 9 days and a lot of the family members in the family are actually just real life family members playing themselves. As a filmmaker I found this film to be incredibly inspiring! Krisha shows us that if you have the passion and the talent you can do anything!

13. lepetitjermey's rating of the film Krisha

i'm afraid i'll turn out like krisha

14. Michael Peer's rating of the film Krisha

A self aware family drama whose aesthetics scream "Look! Look at how great I am!" - while overshadowing everything else. The central performances are great and the film carries with it a manic energy that is always entertaining and engaging. The shifting aspect ratios get tiresome as do the long long takes. There is some great promise here and I'm excited to see what's next from Shults even if this annoyed me.

15. Meriç Aksu's rating of the film Krisha

16. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Krisha

massive, heartbreaking directorial debut, dramatically and musically

17. elizabeth l・'s rating of the film Krisha

"I love you too. I want you to try, please try." The subject matter in itself compels me to give it the highest rating available. Not only does it show an excruciating depiction of a woman battling addiction and mental illness (40+ yrs old!), it displays the true reality that it doesn't always get better. For many people, for reasons inside and outside of themselves, legally, emotionally, recovery is merely a dream.

18. LifeofFiction's rating of the film Krisha

I called my mom directly after I watched this.

19. aliasgenius's rating of the film Krisha

Anxiety trip home for the holidays. Intense & significant. 4.5/5

20. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film Krisha

21. -REM-'s rating of the film Krisha

22. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Krisha

So relentlessly overdirected, nakedly obvious, and faux-disorienting that I kind of liked it. Shame about the last 20 minutes.

23. Diderot's rating of the film Krisha

An impressively strong debut film with a heartbreaking performance by the lead actress. It moves you rapidly between embarrassment, amusement, and despair-- and distinctions sometimes blur.

24. Genadijus L.'s rating of the film Krisha

Score, cinematography, editing outshined the core of this indie movie and storytelling itself. Great performance by actress playing title role.