1. ceknklsn's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

62/100 (Bu kadar çok fazla beğenilmesini anlamıyorum. Klişenin dibine vurulmuş. Aynı hikayeyi belki 100 kez izledik. Bunun ise farklı iki özelliği var kabul ediyorum. En önemlisi CGI'ye çok az yer verilip, maketlerle filmin çekilmesi. Zaten bu olmasa filmin puanı benim için 52 idi. Çok emek harcanmış. İkincisi ise diğer animelere göre daha derin olması. Ama bunlar kurtarmıyor işte.)

2. Adham T. Fusama's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

The visual is wonderful. The story isn't.

3. Emrys's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

What makes this an absolute marvel is that it is hand-made stop-motion. Gorgeous, awe-inspiring craft and art direction.

4. ooming's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

the animation is brilliant

5. Jacob Marcoux's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

6. NUGA's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

An adventure film lacking the adventure feel, Kubo serves as a stepping stone for further stop-motion pictures, in its technicality, whilst not really making it great on its own. Fun characters, some humorous scenes, and amazing visuals and actions scenes stand out, all the while being undermined by cookie-cutter plot, that uses to many clichés to grab your heart. But the process of making the film alone are worth it

7. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

Reminded me a lot of "The Dark Crystal" for a new agr with its high fantasy adventure and lush, intricate aesthetics. And i deeply appreciated that it pulled the trigger on some heavy situations that other children's films frequently fail to commit to. It out-Pixars a lot of recent Pixar movies.

8. zotibaws's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

The animation was amazing, but did they run out of ideas for antagonists?

9. teresa romã's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

This was really something. Incredible soundtrack, OUTSTANDING animation, captivating characters and loving narrative. Wow.

10. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

It's a very rich animation when it comes to the visual aspects, but this is Laika's most underwhelming feature. Somehow it has it all - humor, drama, adventure, nice characters - but it seems a little bit recycled. My favorite thing about this one? Its tune - I just like how Kubo feels undertuned and quiet at a lot of times. Too bad animation studios have the tendency to explode everything when reaching climax.

11. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

Every once in a while, there is a weird pubescent flourish, as if the film was embarrassed by the maturity of the myth being told and had to take it down a notch. It's a shame, because outside of those moments, there is much to love: from the classical Eleusinian tale aping the Persephone myth, to the frank and beautiful depiction of loss. Kubo (and I) would argue death and loss are not the same thing at all.

12. Auranee's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

Laika's most ambitious film yet. Loved the origami sequences, sound design, everything. The story takes some emotional risks that are rare for a kids' movie lately. I think the ~Asian-inspired~ stuff lacked a little something... sincerity maybe. But I can let that go.

13. Zineu Simionato's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

Besides being a movie that portraits japanese culture with almost no japanese involved, I still loved everything about this. The use of spirituality and the way they deal with the death of loved ones made me burst into tears (maybe I'm in a sensitive moment of my life, but isn't it that makes it more magical?).I was waiting for another good animation since I saw Song of the Sea and it looks like I found one.

14. luís debonoir's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

15. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

**1/2. Two or three original ideas like a moray eel as the bad guy. But it's hard to create poetry when you draw your inspiration from a culture that is not yours and remember only its peculiarities and not its soul. Almost already forgotten.

16. omusubibi's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

The visuals carry the film, Laika does a lovely job as usual. However, not a very memorable plot. Hearing Regina Spektor cover "while my guitar gently weeps" at the end over the shamisen was lovely though.

17. Cependant's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

18. Andreia Coutinho's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

Almost a 4, but I do think the characters should be less americanized since this is portraying japanese culture. Love the stop-motion animation style, the story is okay, but not unforgettable.

19. janh24's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

A stellar effort; a well-deserved BAFTA win.

20. Ananta Vania Iswardhani's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

The film was engaging at first bc it gave me such a magical impression. Unfortunately, the story became so dull as if it's made up as it goes. I also dislike the inconsistency regarding the Japanese characters who didn't represent the culture at all. However, the movie has one of the best visuals (dude, IT'S A STOP-MOTION film) & effortlessly original & very funny. Hence, the four stars.

21. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

Laika is a one of a kind studio and their films are all a feast for the eyes. They are always compelling, funny and emotional but never melodramatic or pantomimic. They are always well thought artistic statements about life that touches children and adults alike. Kubo and the Two Strings is not at all a perfect movie and has some head scratching moments, but it might be their strongest effort yet.

22. Carambotti's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

Gorgeous animation, the promise of a dazzling story within a story. Skidding, right into the grating American voice overs? It was too incongruous for me.

23. f-nanda's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" made me cry. Stunningly beautiful, but I thought I'd be more emotionally involved.

24. RUISANTOS's rating of the film Kubo and the Two Strings