1. Barrett.'s rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

Nice cinematography and a good performance from Rinko Kikuchi. Everything else is quite lacklustre.

2. Pango's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

3. Setya Rahmah's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

Gold D. Roger must be proud!

4. lupiter's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

5. Nadia Zucchero's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

6. DrFirestone's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

It's a story about loneliness, about loosing interest in reality, finding hope somewhere else; a story about following your own path in life, and the clash with what the society often expects from us. I also think, the Japanese setting adds something more to it, anyone who lived in Tokyo for a longer period of time will surely understand, that sense of being alone among millions of people around... I loved this film.

7. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

Magical in its portrail of Kumiko, but a very poor portrait of her disease. Anything that uses parts of FARGO deserves a chance.

8. GuilhermeSteinhaus's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

Since the begining of the movie, I was thinking what would be the end of it. I mean, the movie is really well-shot, the actress is beautiful and acts really well in her shy/weird character, and the movie gets funny when people realize that you need to be innocently crazy to go to USA in search of a treasure that you saw in Fargo. I was imagining she would find someone or just find another kind of trasure...

9. Armando's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

great idea based on the initial lie in the Cohen Brothers' Fargo ("This is a true story..."). The ending is too easy and disappointing.

10. anacecil's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

La sutileza de las película Japonesas nos muestra a una atormentada mujer con una vida solitaria y triste en una sociedad machista. Su sueño de perseguir un tesoro en Estados Unidos, hace la trama muy interesante.

11. Rikard Westeman's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

Strange, quirky but mostly sad. An interesting central performance by Kikuchi and beautifully shot by Sean Porter. I could tell where the film was heading and when it came to an end I was left with a feeling of emptiness.

12. Ryo Doitani's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

Kumiko's eyes looking at the treasure is drawn with her body turned away from everything. This is a work that makes you feel a sense of crisis for the society that makes someone do so.

13. glhrmefc's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

mix of madness, social pressure, quest to search and hope.

14. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

Poor Bunzo </3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuOYjM7wJ84

15. abc's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

I was curious about this film & found interesting links. The line "This is a true story" is what brings it all together - where fact, fiction & miscommunication link 3 films. Beginning with the Coen Brother's "Fargo", the doco "This is a True Story" (2003) & "Kumiko", inspired by the doco. I found watching the doco afterwards added to understanding "Kumiko". See all 3 if u r intrigued: 1.Fargo 2.Kumiko 3.doco last.

16. Amanda K.'s rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

The movie has beautiful scenery, but overall I found Kumiko way too annoying and the whole film rather disturbing to watch it without feeling uneasy.

17. Daishi's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

Rinko Kikuchi is one of my favorite Japanese actress. If she is not in this film, I would score 1.

18. Gino Eelen's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

Thought provoking movie exploring the thin line between reality and fiction in life's Great Treasure Hunt.

19. dagos@me.com's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

An elaborate and quirky depiction of loneliness in a highly strung Japanese society. The ending is too symbolic and on the nose, diminishing the value of this interesting film.

20. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

21. peterhiller's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

wonderful pictures of landscape and an awesome performance of the main character

22. Shehab Shaheen's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

Good picture but a very boring story

23. tigerafa315's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

Bizarre, but I understand something hideous in the city drives her into sort of madness. And I like the ending somehow. (January 7, 2017)

24. Tone Ottilie Frederiksen's rating of the film Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter

Unique, really beautifully scored and well acted film. It works the best for me in its almost wordless lonely universe, but kind of falls to the ground because of its weak premise and unbelievable main character motivation.

← Previous 1 3 4