1. Myles's rating of the film Kundun

Pretty but perfunctory.

2. Ethan's rating of the film Kundun

This is a stunning epic from the master of the cinema.

3. Egoisms's rating of the film Kundun

Stunning editing, anticlimactic ending.

4. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Kundun

This is Scorsese's most radical and experimental film and though not one of his best, certainly one of the most interesting entries in his filmography.

5. Alonso Díaz de la Vega's rating of the film Kundun

Kundun is in no way a profound meditation on faith. Here, Scorsese, contrary to his usual self, doesn't doubt or explore. Here he admires. This is not a contradiction either. However doubtful Scorsese might be he is no atheist. In Kundun he examines the buddhist faith without embracing or renouncing it. His detachment leads to his emptiest yet most visually poetic film. Its worth lies in its magnificent form.

6. lonesome-boat's rating of the film Kundun

It wasn't bad, but I didn't really enjoy it... The music and the images were great, maybe I just wasn't quite able to follow with the story and what was going on.

7. Rohith Varma's rating of the film Kundun

8. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Kundun

Scorsese returns to an image that runs like a current through his filmography: that of a removed, isolated man, watching the world from the outside. Retooling The Last Temptation of Christ for Buddhism, Kundun is a highly visual movie, made with a palpable respect for the culture and art of another land. Scorsese once said he loved how Renoir's The River just "flowed" from moment to moment. Here, he proves it.

9. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Kundun

One of Marty's underrated films. While it isn't a great biopic, feeling more like a series of moments, the film comes together into a cohesive whole of a nation in turmoil & a man's burden to stay true to his beliefs. While the acting is surprisingly good, Scorsese succeeds again with a great use of voiceover, which shows the character of who the Dalai Lama is rather than it being an excuse for bad writing.

10. Albrecht B. Christoph's rating of the film Kundun

Damals hat er mir gefallen und hat zum Nachdenken angeregt.

11. afterlife's rating of the film Kundun

the only part of asian art history i was awake for

12. nosuri's rating of the film Kundun

beautiful film, the images we're confronted with are sometimes powerful and tragically beautiful. The worst part for me was the acting of the oldest kundun, but apart from that, I think they managed to make a good film about someone who does in fact exist - the fourteenth Dalai Lama, allowing us to have a little peek into his existence as a human of flesh

13. David Grillo's rating of the film Kundun

Yes my Favirote Scorsese the filmmaking if flawless and at the same time provides such emotional impact that it always has me in tears. What beauty in this film.

14. Øyvind Rype's rating of the film Kundun

I think I'm not alone when I say that the soundtrack completely overshadows the film. 'Escape to India' is a good example of what I mean.

15. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Kundun

Absolutely mesmerizing. Top tier Scorsese.

16. danliofer's rating of the film Kundun

Great music by Philip Glass and great camera makes this movie exquisite and outstanding in all means.

17. Dave's rating of the film Kundun

Scorsese and Roger Deakins together means that this film can look nothing short of spectacular. But outside of the beautiful visuals, I don't see much for me return to here.

18. Adham T. Fusama's rating of the film Kundun

Kinda different Marty's movie. Exquisite.

19. Varun's rating of the film Kundun

Fascinating film, may be one my favorite Scorsese film. The casting was great and the film had very strong story telling. At time i did feel it was shown one sided, but i wont complain. Its perhaps the best movie on this topic?

20. ExirKamalabadi's rating of the film Kundun

21. Yeng Hang's rating of the film Kundun

An underrated piece of work. Beautiful, poetic and at times (surprisingly) graphically violent. The idea of God incarnate in flesh is dealt with interestingly (and I assume a chief reason Scorsese did the film). The child actors at times stumble, but overall a very interesting film. Proves Scorsese's films don't have to be about gangsters or male frustations to be great.

22. Neil Bahadur's rating of the film Kundun

Forget what I said about The Age of Innocence. Kundun is by far Scorsese's finest film.

23. Josh Tierney's rating of the film Kundun

I want to photoshop an NES controller into that boy's hands.