1. chanandre's rating of the film The Command

i remember when this was a science et avenir article but seldom talked about. then in film school in a journalism class my teacher asked us to bring up uncovered stories and dug this one out. if i would not know i'd say 'nice story'. only it ain't. fiction cannot beat life cos it has no boundaries.

2. J.J. Jake Gittes's rating of the film The Command

This is not a thriller. This is also not a documentary. So, what is it then? Another issue is that Mr. Vinterberg can't decide where to go -or better- where to remain with: the submarine, the relatives or with the decision makers. Instead he jumps back and forth. Still, "Kursk"/"The Command" is an ineteresting movie since the story is a great one.

3. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film The Command

It's strange to think of Vinterberg as a gun for hire, but that's exactly what this feels like: a true story that is well made and professionally presented but so impersonal as to feel in auto-pilot, despite the odd moment of inspiration.

4. vordven's rating of the film The Command

5. tabsz's rating of the film The Command

6. Mr.Rager's rating of the film The Command

Danish director Thomas Vinterberg re-created the 2000 Russian submarine disaster being a bit disengaged in his approach. I expected more emotion, a grappling storytelling but the split focus on relating the Russian navy's failures and vanities made this movie a bit dull. Also the moments with Lea Seydoux had the same effect. M. Schoenaerts became one of my fav. actors. 7/10.