1. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film Kusama: Infinity

It is a very informative documentary following the chronological order of events in the life of Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama. However, I would have liked it to be more exciting and fun as it was a bit plain and not a reflection on how exciting and mindblowing her art is.

2. EdieEmm's rating of the film Kusama: Infinity

Maybe not a great doc but arguably a needed one. Plus, when your subject is so compelling, you can afford to structure your film a bit like an overlong powerpoint presentation & try to correct for the biases of history by really systematically establishing the artist's own narrative. And then the doc becomes an 'accumulation' of a sense of this complicated human & her worldview. Which I think works... 3.5/3.75

3. Jason's rating of the film Kusama: Infinity

Look. Yayoi Kusama is a superb artist. On many fronts. You back up get a purchase and she's, like, a large-scale campaign. Also. Infinity. Lots to say about how the infinite can become a part of art (and perhaps about how it can contribute to the breaking of a mind). Lots to chew on. Unfortunately Heather Lenz has provided us w/ a mere gloss. Woefully inadequate. Basically marketing. Half-assed promotion.