1. Nachtreich's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

2. spasmolytic's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

I forced myself to watch the whole thing in the name of cinematic enlightenment. I won't be doing again.

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

The best kind of mythologizing is the type the visual artists do. It's even more humorous when you see his work. If you saw the cover of the video, it's plain to see what this is really about.

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

5. Bogdan Liviu's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

La Belle Noiseuse - spaţiul atemporal în care cinematografia face dragoste cu pictura; un portret (într-o continuă locomoţie) al artei. “E cu putinţă oare să captezi o viaţă întreagă pe o pânză de pictură? Aşa, cu doar câteva urme de vopsea? Pare ireal, de neconceput, şi totuşi numai la acest lucru visa.”

6. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

7. cinegeek.de's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

Our Daily Free Stream: Jacques Rivette - La Belle Noiseuse. Frenhofer, der grosse Künstler, hat seit zehn Jahren nichts mehr gemalt. Er warf alles hin während der Arbeit an seinem Meisterwerk, das er La Belle Noiseuse nennen wollte... mehr auf cinegeek.de http://www.cinegeek.de/la-belle-noiseuse-1991-rating-93-dvd4770

8. Andrew Miller's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

The first Rivette I saw, and in many ways a game changer-- I started to look for new things in films, and to expect more from them.

9. Hande Akmehmetoğlu's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

what a transformative and lyrical experience.

10. Merih Sakarya's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

Balzac's book was so much touching compared the film. We feel the need of passion and love to make art. Long scenes shaping the art is also so interesting. We get close to the process of making art but on the other hand, the main idea in the book, which was the obsession of Opus Magnum and obsession of reaching to perfection and the great failure in doing so is totally missed.

11. esen özen's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

Aşk ve sanat hem birbirine tahammülü olmayan hem de birbiri olmadan olamayan saplantılı bir çift gibi sanki. Yaratım süresince sanatçının sancılarını ve yarattığı esere karşı verdiği savaşı başarılı bir oyunculukla ortaya koymuş Michel Piccoli. İlk kez sinemada izlediğim Jane Birkin ise çok çok iyi.

12. anarresti's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

The drawing and painting sequences are nice. And, most of all, the way Emmanuelle Béart's body is filmed is gorgeous. The long sequences in which we don't see her body, just the painter's look or his pen and ink scratching gesture and sound are wonderful. In the absence of the human figure, our imagination completes the missing image. Most* of the rest, the concepts about art, the tormented artist, is quite absurd.

13. Daniel Iván's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

This film was a touchstone in my youth, specially because of the way it confronts any given idea of cinematographic resourcefulness to bring to the core of the film the idea of cinematographic language as a pause. Even if the film is read as an overdose, the final outcome if filled with beauty and deep communication. A film of a quiet, struggling beauty.

14. Stevie's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

Interesting film about the making of art and the huge difficulties in creating a flawless final-work. Piccoli gives an impressively restrained performance too.

15. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

Never has a film felt this intimate... the characters never hit a false note and the relationship between the model and painter is real, credit the genius Jacques Rivette for all of this- it is a masterpiece!

16. joey Noodles's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

Shouldn't we have a separate page for the Divermentido version, because it is a very different film indeed.

17. ghazale Soltani's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

How can I find the full length movie on internet ?

18. lukasbicho's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

Slavoj Zizek también se fija en esta película, y hace unos comentarios muy acertados...

19. Piotr Więcek's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

The best film I have seen in the last years. Southern France. Exotically fragrant scenery. Ruminations on the origins of art. Emmanuelle Beart. Michel Piccoli. Pureness of cinematic expression.

20. Robert W Peabody III's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

La belle noiseuse 1991 DIR Jacques Rivette SCR Pascal Bonitzer, Christine Laurent, Jacques Rivette, Honoré de Balzac 236 Min After two hours there was nothing After four hours there was parody Recommend: Camera Buff (1979) Krzysztof Kieslowski

21. Umut Yüksel's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

22. Yasser Azmy's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

23. João Eça's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

Art and painting in specific is faced by Rivette with the same metaphysical sense one can discern in Oscar Wilde: art is capable of truly representing life to the point of revealing completely the objects it represents. Therefore the painting of a model can reveal enough about her to destroy her, if the painting itself isn't destroyed first (that's basically why Dorian Gray destroys his picture in Wilde's classic).

24. Ethan Vestby's rating of the film La belle noiseuse

Reality (long takes, process, seeminly captured improvisational errors) all in the pursuit of fantasy (artistic release). So even without the moon goddesses, ghosts and alternate dimensions, 100% Rivette!