1. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

Lea Seydoux stars as Junie, a young girl who ends up having quiet an effect on two different young men, in this relazed and enjoyable slice of drama from Christophe Honore (inspired by the book by Madame de La Fayette). It's nothing new, and even the presentation is rather simple and straightforward, but the cast make it work very well, with Seydoux believable as the kind of girl that can attract such attention.

2. Juan Javier's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

3. Yvonx S's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

A story weaving strands of fluid attraction. Youth in its insecurities and double dealings, yet sensitively told, nuanced and so less predictable than the Hollywood fare. I liked the fact that there were gaps to fill in and so much was unspoken. The central character is indeed a very beautiful person. But who was there to catch the most fragile of all when they fell?

4. Superfrog's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

Does well with a decidedly( and sometimes embarassingly apparent) new wave montage and intellectually pleasing mix of language levels. Bit over the top and hard to follow set of characters, without it being an hindrance.

5. Muriel's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

Honoré wasnt the first to discover that the archaic codes of classical literature could work to perfection in the high-school milieu (cf CRUEL INTENTIONS) La Princesse de Cleves isn't even an original choice: Manoel de Oliveira had made his own 'up-daptation' a decade earlier. But this film showcases a devastatingly beautiful gallery of young and very young French faces around in 08.

6. Jeremy's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

This is a film about a school that - were I teenaged again - I'd definitely want to go to. Impromptu photoshoots in the hallways (using vintage film cameras, bien sûr), huge old doorways with peeling paint and a student body of insouciant model-types involved in complex romantic entanglements. Classes discussing Donizetti. A stunning librarian. Anais Demoustier shows up! Much to enjoy, not a terrible hour and a half.

7. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

"Sometimes we lack the rain As in the sun we die From its heat we refrain When love is gone away"

8. captainfez's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

The Beautiful and The Bored.

9. Vaso M's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

Absolutely zero reasoning behind anything anyone was doing. Just a bunch of teens that look like models falling for each other because they're all pretty and horny. Cool, ok, very French. Don't know why I finished it.

10. hemachandra's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

A dreary film. It was quite fine until Otto turned it into melodramatic music video. It was all downhill from there on.

11. chloe's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

Another tediously pretentious French movie. It hurts so much when you lose someone you met 5 minutes ago that you might have to kill yourself yawwwn. Unfortunately there are people in Paris like this who exist and they are equally fake and boring.

12. lou.'s rating of the film The Beautiful Person

C'est juste à cause de mon béguin pour Louis, je l'avoue.

13. m00untain's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

Handsome boys modeling school.

14. Tone Ottilie Frederiksen's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

Lea Seydoux makes people suicidal, a creepy teacher stalks her and in the end it turns into a musical. This weird film is annoyingly self-couscious about its own french coolness, yet lacks any visual edge, believable main character and plot devices that doesn't feel like a soap opera. Merci, non.

15. alchimia's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

Louis Garrel, I LOVE YOU

16. Matilde Frade's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

17. Inês Guimarães's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

18. Tiphaine Tatin de Lattre's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

I've seen it years ago. I still remember that sequence with Léa Seydoux naked in the park, she was really impressive in the film.

19. Eliza Lupu's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

"I'm in a total lovesick mess"

20. Shoham L's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

The relationships weren't portrayed very well, but everything else was stunning.

21. Ingrid Aldama's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

"Elle était si jolie..." I think I really liked the scene in which Chiara Mastroianni has a cameo and makes eye contact with Léa's character. It felt as if Junie was looking at her future self.

22. hyacinthtears's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

what a drag, doesnt make lea + louis any less pretty

23. AdrianM.'s rating of the film The Beautiful Person

5 stars for Léa Seydoux, HOT HOT HOT <3

24. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film The Beautiful Person

i kinda stopped watching it half way i might need to give it another go

← Previous 1 3 4