1. ig_____or's rating of the film La cérémonie

"Il y a chez vos gens de bien, beaucoup de chose qui me répugnent, et certes non le mal qui est en eux."

2. vuslatmerci's rating of the film La cérémonie

3. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film La cérémonie

4. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film La cérémonie

There's a practical matter-of-factness to the way Chabrol handles the material; focusing in on the small details of human interaction; the seemingly trivial relationships. The effect numbs the audience to the underlining emotional instability; the routines & repetitions of characters leaving us ill-prepared for the inevitable fury of its final act. The result is like Hitchcock by way of Bresson. The work of a master.

5. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film La cérémonie

6. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film La cérémonie

Isabelle Huppert is my favorite Paul Newman loving, hot chocolate on bed pouring, Marxist, sociopath.

7. érzéki's rating of the film La cérémonie

Fantastic third act. Jacqueline Bisset is too beautiful to die. Watching Huppert bounce around was delightful and unsettling.

8. VincentVendetta's rating of the film La cérémonie

When it comes to two psychopaths killing a rich family with a bunch of televisions thrown in the mix, Chabrol will always be superior to Haneke.

9. choupinet's rating of the film La cérémonie

Génial. Isabelle Huppert plays her role a bit too well.

10. Joana China's rating of the film La cérémonie

the careful massacre of the bourgeoise

11. kartina obskura's rating of the film La cérémonie

12. FISCHER's rating of the film La cérémonie

Le discours politique et social de Chabrol parait fortement contestable quant à son discours cinématographique, n'en parlons pas, il est d'une affligeante pauvreté... www.cinefiches.com

13. Margeaux St.Croix's rating of the film La cérémonie

I was fired in a very similar way when I was an au pair

14. postblueink's rating of the film La cérémonie

7/10 (10. 09. 2016). it might be dilogy: Fanny Games by Michael Haneke and The Ceremony by Claude Chabrol.

15. bagno's rating of the film La cérémonie

16. Maudealan's rating of the film La cérémonie

My favorite Chabrol still, at least until I see another Huppert one probably

17. C's rating of the film La cérémonie

Go into this without reading anything! The scene when they fall into bed giggling made my jaw drop, the best part. The performances are of course the center of this and amazing. Sophie's face when she finds ways of keeping her secret! Killed me. Chabrol + crew have such a genius for shooting interiors and for color/pattern, like a Bonnard or a Vuillard with a 90s (and earlier, 80s) palette.

18. eugenie de sade's rating of the film La cérémonie

19. camille's rating of the film La cérémonie

20. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film La cérémonie

Haneke wishes he could be this cleverly cruel.

21. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film La cérémonie

Nihilism is lame and I don't think that's what's going on here though it seems like it.

22. Warren Spratley's rating of the film La cérémonie

Perhaps THE great film about malevolence & how inherent it is in nature. Sallitt is profoundly right: LA CEREMONIE feels quite perfect, but quite depressing. Its thesis, which Chabrol does not refute, has everything to do with man's capacity to harm. Chabrol has an uncanny ability of establishing ominousness by way of precise camera movement & punctual shot juxtaposition. The aesthetic is close to MARNIE at times.

23. Tutu888's rating of the film La cérémonie

Tension is build up in this film step by step but still the viewer is not prepared for the burst of violence in the last minutes. A masterpiece by a very underrated director.

24. Andrew Miller's rating of the film La cérémonie

I had seen her before, but this was the one where I noticed that Huppert is something special. One of Chabrol's best films-- I'm not sure he was ever this effortlessly, sinuously clever again.