1. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film La chambre

One long-take shot all around this shows, and Akerman's in this, too.

2. EdieEmm's rating of the film La chambre

A conversation between camera & gaze. It's a relief, to have a gaze imposed upon us. Mechanical & fair. Finally, a leveller. We can relax. It's languid, sensual, indifferent.. Are we annoyed then when the camera starts behaving like a human? Does it expose us? The mechanisms that motivate us? Raw & unsophisticated things. Ingrained tropes & derived meanings. Especially of women. (E.g. Akerman does Eve) Also punk a.f.

3. Ana Luísa's rating of the film La chambre

Chantal is so diabolical. She wants to make you spin, spin, spin around her apartment until the weight of the immobility and silence of the objects, the sheer weight of their existence around you - in direct contrast with you/her just being there, just breathing - makes you start questioning your own. In 11 minutes that, at the same time, seem like an eternity... and no more than 30 seconds. A master, she is. Bravo.

4. ermete polpette's rating of the film La chambre

5. C's rating of the film La chambre

how sad to be idiotic enough to hate this! magic

6. Andrew Miller's rating of the film La chambre

Reminds me of Wavelength, a simple structural concept which implies a hidden drama.

7. Renton47's rating of the film La chambre

Interesting little experiment in utilising space and daring the audience to reconceptualise that space in relation to a body occupying it. Interesting that the space would tell us little about its occupant if we did not see her in it. Is it the body on the bed that personalises the room, or our gaze?

8. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film La chambre

What is this supposed to make me feel? I thought it could capture the sounds of the surroundings, so it would feel more complete, because what we're seeing is not that interesting.

9. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film La chambre

10. ry h's rating of the film La chambre

Though fully focused on the objects being revealed by the panning camera, following the first sight of Akerman her image lingers, so that each of her consecutive appearances is more climactic than the last - reminiscent of "Jeanne Dielman"'s prostitution scenes. When the camera breaks from its routine and pans left - towards Akerman - it's as if we the viewer are turning our heads - and can't help but stare.

11. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film La chambre

12. Francisco R.'s rating of the film La chambre

Every time I see Chantal lying on that bed, I feel like jumping in and do naughty things to her.

13. El Biffo's rating of the film La chambre

There is almost nothing in this 11-minute film by Chantal Akerman, except her eating an apple, and a tour of her tiny-but-charming NYC apartment with exposed brick and antique furniture. Maybe this is strictly for Chantal Akerman fans, I guess I am one; I really liked it. An extra star for having no stupid music like most American films. In fact, this is a silent film. Which I love. Film is, after all, a visual art.

14. Stevie's rating of the film La chambre

An interesting study of perceptions and a sign of things to come from Akerman with her feature length experimental films.

15. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film La chambre

Akerman sigue indagando nueva formas de contemplar el lado más objetivo de lo visual.

16. Zachary W's rating of the film La chambre

Everything Haneke has ever tried to do Ackerman accomplishes here in 11 minutes. Her form is as rigorous as it is poetic and even playful in the way the rhythms of the camera pans anticipate the reemergence of the director with every 360 degrees. The terror and angst in viewership that finally emerges, however, comes with the realization of a violent gaze that we at once eagerly indulge and are powerless to overcome.

17. Henrique Verkündigung's rating of the film La chambre

i came in contact with akerman, during a trip to lisbon, I went into a very dark room with multiple televisions placed on the floor and sat. First i didn't know what that was, the meaning of what i was seeing. Then everybody in the room started to leave and in a mather of seconds it was just me and those 6 televisions. it was amazing because all the 6 tv's were displaying the film in different ways. and then.. superb

18. Neither/Nor's rating of the film La chambre

Superbly furtive non-narrative of autonomous, intimate space.

19. a Smith's rating of the film La chambre

I appreciate this as an exercise for young Akerman, but it felt too aware of self yet too uncertain of purpose to be worth watching except as an experiment by a now established film maker.

20. Jorge Negrete's rating of the film La chambre

GRACIAS A DIOS DURA UNICAMENTE 10 MINUTOS. ESTRUCTURALISMO FRAGMENTADO.