1. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film La collectionneuse

2. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film La collectionneuse

3. DrFirestone's rating of the film La collectionneuse

Incredibly complex film with many layers. On the most part it focuses on our own nature and substance: desire, romance, the urge to control and judge others... This is intelligent and observant cinema. I have to say, however, the relationships felt artificial, vain and unnatural (at least from my perspective) - perhaps this was intended or maybe this is how the privileged people spent their time in the 60s...

4. Mafalda Costa's rating of the film La collectionneuse

5. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film La collectionneuse

6. lou.'s rating of the film La collectionneuse

Pas assez d'espace, ici. Rohmer... ❤

7. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film La collectionneuse

Undoubtedly intelligent - the opening preludes announce boldly the thematic material of gender relations, objectification and relating, and throughout the film we enjoy both the funny and disturbing counterpoint between Adrien's commentary and the unfolding action. Yet as much as it works at a cerebral level, dramatically it feels contrived and its reputation for greatness is lost on me.

8. innersmiff's rating of the film La collectionneuse

People of leisure pontificate about desire with obfuscation and contradiction. A kind of cat and mouse game of affection. Lazy and very chatty. These wasters get everything they deserve. A movie to take screen grabs of for Tumblr, not for enjoying very much, but the ending redeems it somewhat.

9. Quattro's rating of the film La collectionneuse

It's fun to observe these little men overthink everything they see, and ultimately getting it all ridiculously wrong; fun to hear all those snobby French monologues collapse under the weight of their own autoindulgence. I loved the drowsy Mediterranean atmosphere: too bad the cinematography was so amateurish. It often gets as annoying as the characters it satirizes, but in the end I appreciated its subtle sarcasm.

10. Margherita Harris's rating of the film La collectionneuse

A girl with neither future nor past- or rather neither future nor past in the eyes of the men revolving around her during her (not just their!) holiday. A mere collectionneuse, neither with their clear sense of direction nor with their introspective and sophisticated mind. But who is she? They will never find out!

11. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film La collectionneuse

12. Cindy's rating of the film La collectionneuse

extra star just for that one iconique scene when the reddit bro wouldn't shut up about how dumb and ugly haydee is -- meanwhile she's lounging around spacing out smoking a cigarette not giving any phucks! and then rightly condemns him and his contemporaries as fake-deep dilettantes!

13. Luz Sabina's rating of the film La collectionneuse

Le doy 5 estrellas a los 60 minutos que vi...que sueño anoche

14. Warren Spratley's rating of the film La collectionneuse

15. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film La collectionneuse

16. Jarek Tokarski's rating of the film La collectionneuse

Listening to the narrator makes us more and more crazy - just like the narrator himself. At first glance it looks like typical drama - two guys and girl, everyone wants to love or hurt he others. Deep inside Rohmer tells us slightly different story but without getting into genre cinema - he stays in his style with observing the details. Beautiful cinematography and great Haydée Politoff.

17. efe's rating of the film La collectionneuse

"You are damaged beyond repair, except maybe for an impressionist painter."

18. FISCHER's rating of the film La collectionneuse

Une oeuvre excellente, difficilement évocables avec des mots tant les rapports intimes et infimes entre les êtres sont délicatement évoqués, éthérés et subtils... www.cinefiches.com

19. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film La collectionneuse

A disappointment after the surprisingly good “My Night at Maud’s.” I’m not sure Rohmer works for me. Two thirds through his “six moral tales” and I’ve been impressed by only one of the films. This isn’t amateurish like the first two, but it doesn’t have that refined feeling of the third (note: this is indeed the fourth, but it was made two years before the third).

20. Peregrine's rating of the film La collectionneuse

Rohmer is fluent and delicate in this little gem, with a pace and shots to cherish and characters to despise and recognize. There is sun and sea, a beautiful woman and two men brabbling on and on while it all boils down to our hunt for love and tenderness, and all the small sparks and stinges it renders within us. There are ideas and stupidities flying and we can't choose our catch

21. Gonzalo Purull's rating of the film La collectionneuse

22. Sebastian Vignau's rating of the film La collectionneuse

Película bien dirigida, un guión interesante. Sin embargo, parece un poco flaca en su ejecución y a veces te obliga a mirar el celular.

23. s.birowo's rating of the film La collectionneuse

Dreamy summer setting of St. Tropez on the French Riviera and the tenacious depiction of Haydée Politoff as a female collector of men made this film enjoyable to watch.

24. Duncan Gray's rating of the film La collectionneuse

Don't sympathize with my male heroes, Rohmer once advised, and goddamn right: the men in La Collectionneuse would nowadays be occupying a noxious Sub-Reddit. But it is an intriguing, witty tale, with beautifully shot golden hour photography, on Rohmer's theme of heroes who narrate and misunderstand their own lives. Say what you want about Haydee—compared to an older man on permanent vacation, she's the more honest.