1. chicajomles's rating of the film La collectionneuse

[I'm not a collector. You're completely wrong. I'm searching. I'm searching to find something.] I will never ever recover from the South of France in Rohmer colors, but I think I just reach the age where I don't fall for his pretentious characters, Amen. Like 10 years ago, I would've skipped the critique intentions of the Moral Tales & Patrick's misogyny would've been fascinating in all the wrong senses.

2. Eric Rucker's rating of the film La collectionneuse

I’m working through the Moral Tales with a friend and I can understand why a certain kind of pretentious wanky male would think these are great films, but . . . That this is still the case all these years later? Time has not been kind to these. Time has not been kind to wankers. And yet they persist. They should have stopped at admiring Little Fugitive and not bothered with theorizing and filmmaking. Long live Agnès!

3. Sam's rating of the film La collectionneuse

It's a compelling movie and some of the dialogue is very witty, but my enjoyment of it was marred by how much I hated the main character. I get that to an extent he is meant to come across as annoying and self absorbed, but he had become so very grating to me by the end. All I could think when he booked that plane ticket in the final scene was "poor woman, now she has to deal with him too".

4. ebabehh's rating of the film La collectionneuse

5. Emile Tremblay's rating of the film La collectionneuse

6. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film La collectionneuse

7. Raian Oliveira's rating of the film La collectionneuse

Sun Water M. smilling Monologues zzzzzz between D. and (?) Close-ups: M.'s prologue + sea stuff Natural lighting M. ~mysterious~ and in silence Specific sound Boredom Talking about sex not showing it Rhythm

8. Lorenzo Fonseca MUÑOZ's rating of the film La collectionneuse

"Ir por ahí como en un film de Eric Rommer Sin esperar que algo pase..."

9. dionysus67's rating of the film La collectionneuse

Unclassified blasé nymph raises the bar of temptation for Rousseauesque antique dealer, who is thoroughly absorbed in his amour-de-soi. As a test on free will the act of controlled resistance is worthy but also self-defeating, pretty much along the lines of other Rohmer heroes/heroines. Unique in its capacity to instill to natural settings a theological imagery, this is a film of sheer artistic brilliance and wit.

10. Pegarange's rating of the film La collectionneuse

Annoying in a pleasant way. The epitome of lazy French intellectualism and an abundant source of nicely pretentious quotes.

11. glhrmefc's rating of the film La collectionneuse

Excessive uses of narrative in off and tiring games between characters. Too bad that Haydee did not have a better participation, since it was the most pleasant character.

12. Annie Michelle González's rating of the film La collectionneuse

13. Aldo vs's rating of the film La collectionneuse

14. nicolecahali's rating of the film La collectionneuse

me encantei com as personagens e proposta do filme no começo...mas com o desenrolar da história achei um pouco mala, bem clichê cult francês - com uma fotografia referência e bem bonita!

15. Kornovska's rating of the film La collectionneuse

Bon film, bien que malaisant par moments. On aime particulièrement la possibilité d'analyser l'histoire selon deux paradigmes opposés : celui du narrateur qui explique comment Haydée a usé de stratégie depuis le début pour coucher avec Adrien (le narrateur), puis celui selon lequel Adrien est un homme narcissique et imbu de lui-même, comprenant Haydée seulement selon ses propres fantasmes stupides.

16. ty.wangsgaard's rating of the film La collectionneuse

Engaging. Beautiful. Triumphant. Seemed more like a piece of writing than anything else. All characters were pivotal - they turned others and were what the plot turned upon. Adrien was beautifully acted whose story was beyond all ease of sympathy. Perfect amount of humor, frustration, and tempered satisfaction. Thanks Christian. I’ve got the other Tales on my list for the break.

17. Chearth's rating of the film La collectionneuse

18. Balthaz21's rating of the film La collectionneuse

19. Boyuan123's rating of the film La collectionneuse

20. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film La collectionneuse

21. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film La collectionneuse

22. DrFirestone's rating of the film La collectionneuse

Refined cinema that subtly works on multiple layers, touching upon various matters - but on the most part it focuses on our very nature and substance: desire, romance, the urge to control and judge others.. Intelligent and observant, daring to explore the darker aspects of our psyche and the driving forces behind it. The cinematography isn't impressive, some of the characters rather shallow and slightly annoying.

23. Mafalda Costa's rating of the film La collectionneuse