1. Giacomo Pozzi's rating of the film La danse - Le ballet de l'Opéra de Paris

2. Nachtreich's rating of the film La danse - Le ballet de l'Opéra de Paris

3. tintinmugshot's rating of the film La danse - Le ballet de l'Opéra de Paris

The way you can't see the cameras through the mirrors shows how not invasive this doc is. A beautiful, simple and fluid "let it go" experimentation. Almost three hours long, and you don't notice.

4. Jodi's rating of the film La danse - Le ballet de l'Opéra de Paris

Love all his work. The way he lets the story tell itself - also loved National Gallery. And dear Mubi, please screen At Berkeley for me?

5. Diderot's rating of the film La danse - Le ballet de l'Opéra de Paris

A very watchable documentary on dancing and the major institution in Paris that tries to keep it alive. As always, Wiseman is unobtrusive, polite, and very attentive to the details.

6. violette's rating of the film La danse - Le ballet de l'Opéra de Paris

Does anybody know when this movie is going to come out?

7. PROKOSCH's rating of the film La danse - Le ballet de l'Opéra de Paris

Currently airing on Great Performances on PBS, which I unfortunately did not know until moments ago (but seems to be re-airing through this weekend). The film does not yet appear to be out on DVD in Region 1. Sigh.

8. Yuko T.'s rating of the film La danse - Le ballet de l'Opéra de Paris

Wow, can't wait to see this! I am a big fan of the other POB documentary, Etoiles!

9. Lucas Granero's rating of the film La danse - Le ballet de l'Opéra de Paris

Wiseman advierte que la danza como la forma más clara de belleza orgánica corporal solo puede ser posible a través de la constante intervención de diversos factores que operan para generar tales actos de expresión. Se trata, como no podía ser de otra manera viniendo del más implacable de los documentalistas, de una obra que decide poner su énfasis en los procesos antes que en los resultados. ¿Docu-marxismo? Puede ser

10. waad's rating of the film La danse - Le ballet de l'Opéra de Paris

11. Echydo's rating of the film La danse - Le ballet de l'Opéra de Paris

Rich, instructive and true to nature. A touch too long in my opinion, but some of the scenes were breathtaking.

12. Kenji's rating of the film La danse - Le ballet de l'Opéra de Paris

What an immense organisation and achievement the Opera Ballet is, so many cogs in the machine! It reminded me of when Chelsea won a match, the Tea lady congratulated Mourinho on what he and the team had done, he corrected her, "no, what we've done". The film is thought-provoking, fascinating, mesmerising and beautiful, and to my eye the dancing was superb.