1. João R's rating of the film La dolce vita

A movie drunk in divergence that leaves little room to breathe. Bohemianism never looked so enticing and underwhelming nor elegant and polluted at the same time.

2. jonijtr's rating of the film La dolce vita

damn hedonistic peoples

3. Shantal Abrego's rating of the film La dolce vita

Es una especie de slice of life. Una serie de días que representan a la vida en su esencia y sus excesos.

4. Walker's rating of the film La dolce vita

This film has one of the best endings EVER. A masterful work of art and life

5. patríciapinho's rating of the film La dolce vita

why was this about marcello and not sylvia

6. andxro's rating of the film La dolce vita

A masterpiece, really manages to portray the life of high class people in those times.

7. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film La dolce vita

8. Freakyfilm's rating of the film La dolce vita

Bourgeois life kills the natural man

9. anacecil's rating of the film La dolce vita

Bella mujer, bella Roma, todo un poema a la vida superficial de las divas.

10. gld48's rating of the film La dolce vita

11. Alen Majakovskij Galante's rating of the film La dolce vita

12. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film La dolce vita

3.5 stars. It robbed "L'Avventura" of the Golden Palm but it is still a touchstone. I enjoy the film but my mind wanders. The high points for me are Ekberg's episode, the sequence with Aimee and having sex in the prostitute's water logged home, the Umbrian Angel and all the night club performances.

13. DenoResandono's rating of the film La dolce vita

One of the movie you just can't merely watch. You must feel it, getting inside of it. This movie tells us about Marcello's life in a week in Rome. How he handle it, how he manage it, and how he will through it. Fellini put us (as an audience) as Marcello. He wants us to see the world in Marcello's eyes or perspective...

14. james@lazyatom.com's rating of the film La dolce vita

I haven't actually seen this film, I'm just testing things.

15. postblueink's rating of the film La dolce vita

16. yovargas's rating of the film La dolce vita

A rare victory of style over content. The story - which follows several days of a tabloid journalist as he hob nobs with the rich and famous - is a rambling, incoherent mess. I could not get invested in it or its colorful but remote characters. But it's all filmed with such dazzling verve that I was engrossed throughout. The film is so *alive*, even if its people and events feel inconsequential. As an experience, A-.

17. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film La dolce vita

18. truffraud's rating of the film La dolce vita

i can't believe i rated a fellini movie 3 stars but... yeah. maybe it's because so much of post-fellini cinema draws on LDV's tropes that i find LDV great-not-stellar. it's beautiful, certainly, and the performances are poetic but i'll have to revisit this one.

19. Ramzi's rating of the film La dolce vita

Not the incredible film I hoped for, at least on first viewing. The fight between journalism and literature is present but hardly the crux of the film. The beautiful portrayal of Rome is slightly tampered by many indoor sets. Nevertheless, it is a great piece of cinema that shows the growing vapidity and eventual hope of postwar Europe with an effortless style.

20. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film La dolce vita

A profound statement on modern times in an absurd world or a self-indulgent waffle through decadence? La Dolce Vita probably ends up somewhere in the middle. Fellini's prescient vision has been deadened by our very own acceptance of frenzied paparazzi, morbid curiosity & mass sexualisation. There's much to contemplate in La Dolce Vita, but like Antonioni's output there's little cause to invest or care emotionally.

21. Sophie Taylor's rating of the film La dolce vita

-The most beautiful film ever. Nearly every scene has a picture-perfect moment. -It creates its own atmosphere. I don't know if this is how life felt when it was released in Rome, but it creates a strong feeling which sucks you in and forces you to love it. -A jerk of a main character. You watch it for the feels. -Watch at least twice. May take a few viewings to fully love or appreciate. But I think it's worth it.

22. Noëlle's rating of the film La dolce vita

23. Rob Horsfall's rating of the film La dolce vita

Beautiful film in many ways but failed to sympathize with the protagonist.

24. Gareth Jones's rating of the film La dolce vita

A lengthy black and white film about an Italian paparazzi who enjoys his women. A classic film about love and life. On the whole I thought this wasn't bad though I did get bored at times. Got to love the Italian style though.