1. FISCHER's rating of the film La femme publique

Une oeuvre étonnante dans sa turbulence chaotique, la richesse de ses thèmes de lecture et la rigueur de sa réalisation, dans la meilleure période créatrice d'un metteur en scène incontournable, jusqu'à la fin des années 1980... www.cinefiches.com

2. -REM-'s rating of the film La femme publique

3. Rafael Zen's rating of the film La femme publique

Zulawski's rampage os complete insanity overflows in this one. It's crazy & sexy, playing with metalanguage to show off a little something of art making. As usual, the director strikes a very unique cinema, with chaos and movement in every scene - it's unstoppable and moves you away from feeling any kind of safety: their women are always being chased by invisible threats, and so do we.

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film La femme publique

5. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film La femme publique

this has a lot of elements i usually loathe but zulawski always remains elusive and just one step ahead

6. C's rating of the film La femme publique

The last bit as the credits rolled was so cute and sweet...Valerie Kaprisky was so good in her last Dost scene and dance scenes, so-so in other places. Paris Belongs to Us vibes. Loved the lighting, sets, all of the movie behind the scenes. Least personal favorite of his of what I've seen.

7. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film La femme publique

6.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2lV

8. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film La femme publique

Et Dieu créa Kaprisky ... KAPRISKY dans tous ses états, quel feu ... ! Les candidats pour l'éteindre ne manquent pas ... https://www.facebook.com/zyx.mhclaes/media_set?set=a.773706942685451.1073741931.100001384583310&type=3

9. Wee Hunk's rating of the film La femme publique

I had myself a little Zulawski film festival, It's pretty much what you think it is: an excuse to see a lot of naked Valérie Kaprisky, which she obliges in a very good-natured way. I just love the director so much because he really seems to bring out amazing/crazy performances from his actors. And it was a little meta.

10. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film La femme publique

11. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film La femme publique

On one side this feels like a making of Possession, on the other side there's another level of madness added to the story: "the second part of the plot is how it relates to young intellectuals, young film-makers. Most of them, very very famous German directors were subsiding and paying for the Red Army, for the terrorist groups, for Baader Meinhof and the people who were blowing capitalists on the streets with bombs

12. Joshuah's rating of the film La femme publique

Kind of all over the place, but I'm not complaining.

13. Pymo's rating of the film La femme publique

14. Ostermyers's rating of the film La femme publique

" Marylin's dead, Gabin, Jouvet, Vivien Leigh, Raimu... And me". " Le plus grand film de tout les temps a été fait par un producteur malade...Et puis oh ! Je dirais pas le titre !"

15. T. J. Harman's rating of the film La femme publique

How is Kaprisky so good in this and so bad in the BREATHLESS remake?? is it Zulawski's talents or the language barrier? Can be read as a companion piece to his TITITL..I find this underrated amongst his underrated...a masterpiece from a still misunderstood filmmaker.

16. Isabel Ferreira's rating of the film La femme publique

17. trondjo's rating of the film La femme publique

The strangeness of Andrzej Zulawski is always a source of fascination and frustration. La Femme Publique is a surreal story centered around a beautiful woman who gets a part in a film based on Dostoyevsky's The Possessed and gets manipulated by the craziness of the director. Zulawski's storytelling is overall confusing, but his vivid camera work makes you forget the weakness. Still, Possession is his masterpiece. 3+.

18. Publius's rating of the film La femme publique

If you told a Zulawski rookie that this was his most accessible piece, it's highly likely they would be somewhat astonished. I liked this a little less than L'Amour Braque, but they make excellent companion pieces.

19. film_lies101's rating of the film La femme publique