1. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Big Feast

Bizarre one, but quite tame I felt given all I had read about the reactions when it first appeared on the scene. Ferreri makes a nice commentary here on commercialism/consumerism & the recent Arrow blu-ray presents the film in a great transfer. Seeing Michel & Marcello in a movie with so many farts was a mindbender, but wasnt as grossed out as I was by other films that pushed boundaries of the time like Salo. 4 stars

2. Eric Rucker's rating of the film The Big Feast

Die, capitalist pigs! Death to the male chauvanist pig head eaters! Thank goodness the era of this kind of movie is long gone. We have our own trash to deal with, but this shit is embarassing. Long live Buñuel! Long live Petronius!

3. JoAnne Voightlander's rating of the film The Big Feast

Heeeyyy, the first movie of 2018. I appreciate a certain amount of the grotesque and there were worse movies to start the year with. That last shot in the garden, what a way to end a movie.

4. Clay_Carter's rating of the film The Big Feast

Likely not to finish this one, but I think I have seen enough to get the picture. I was waiting for the farting -- I was thinking, they are eating so much, when do they start farting? I was not let down.

5. mpho3's rating of the film The Big Feast

Hehe I'm not gonna lie, this film kind of blew my mind. I need to find "the making of." According to his obit in The Observer, Ferreri's career "was one of deliberate provocation, full of the black humour of despair, scabrous, cruel, but at times surprisingly tender and moving. ... He described himself as a comic anarchist." These traits capture the film too, but I still can't imagine getting this movie made!

6. David R Williams's rating of the film The Big Feast

Grotesque. Erotic. Nauseating. Hilarious. The bourgeois will indeed devour themselves but only after having devoured all those around them, including the sycophants and the whores. Classic 70s subversive cinema.

7. Nu's rating of the film The Big Feast

Definitely not the culinary orgy I've dreamed about. I love how the very end concludes the vanity of the whole ordeal.

8. Matthew Martens's rating of the film The Big Feast

9. Korial's rating of the film The Big Feast

Sotto tutti i punti di vista, un capolavoro. Folgorante.

10. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Big Feast

Not a clue what this movie is trying to do. Completely frivolous and without any value I can ascertain. Didn't care about the characters. Wasn't entertained in the slightest. Nothing about the story is clever, funny or dramatic. Just strains my patience with ridiculously needless filmmaking. Would be a half star, but there is some production value. But seriously... what the fuck.

11. petit astronaute's rating of the film The Big Feast

12. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Big Feast

13. FISCHER's rating of the film The Big Feast

C'est féroce, énorme, dérangeant et cruellement bienvenu ! www.cinefiches.com

14. tyb's rating of the film The Big Feast

Bourgeois excess has been put to film both before and after Ferreri, and while his perspective might not be the most original, it's still an interesting film examining the pathology of gluttony. Rather than the repressed socialites of Buñuel, these characters are completely unashamed in their depravity. Special mentions to Mastroianni and Ferréol for their excellent performances.

15. Lex Lucas's rating of the film The Big Feast

Starting with great premise, but the story feels flat at some point and wandering too much when I feel like it should have been precise. Still a great satire. It's Sade three years before Salo.

16. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film The Big Feast

17. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film The Big Feast

18. Nicolas Pierce's rating of the film The Big Feast

Seedy, disgusting, freakish and outrageous in that way only 70s movies can be.

19. Carmine Loru's rating of the film The Big Feast

One of my all-time favs, maybe because I am Italian, maybe because I love French food, but mostly because I love great movies!

20. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Big Feast

A real appetite for self-destruction is on display here. Others may discern some deeper meaning from this than I did. I enjoyed it, a lot, but it seemed to be just a bit obvious and overlong, considering the superficially simplistic premise.

21. Superfrog's rating of the film The Big Feast

Wanted to like this one, yet the analogies it carries do not mesh well enough with the actual film neither does it go far enough to be truly pushing the boundaries. As a result, a longish series of sexual food and flatulence related scenes that lead exactly to what we are explained it will lead to.

22. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Big Feast

23. Charles Corn's rating of the film The Big Feast

For all the themes touched by its black scatological humour - gluttony, self-destruction, consumerism, masculinity, sexuality - the societal satire is skin deep. It feels like fast food dressed up as gourmet.

24. Luca Prosperi's rating of the film The Big Feast

A movie for very few. Those very few who experienced true friendships beyond material imitations of hedonistic dreams. I am one of those lucky ones.