1. gmoejm's rating of the film La influencia

The ending made the whole movie worth it

2. Natalia Dávalos's rating of the film La influencia

It is a 10 minutes shortfilm. As a 1 hour film it is a waste of time

3. LauraPalmer's rating of the film La influencia

4. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film La influencia

Consumerism destroys a mother and her 2 children. Slow & depressing. ==== La société de consommation détruit une mère et ses 2 enfants. Lent déprimant. Camera dort à Cannes.

5. Shehab Shaheen's rating of the film La influencia

A very sad film. I struggled a bit toward it's end though acting is superb and realistically and painfully depicting how depression and losing hope kills you silently.

6. Ma-rewind's rating of the film La influencia

3.5 Le portrait sobre, glauque et sans concession d'une famille en chute libre. J'ai rarement vu la dépression aussi bien imagée.

7. tsamaroden's rating of the film La influencia

A sad journey. Yet a strange ending. Well directed and acted by all involved. Good.

8. Jennifer Weeks's rating of the film La influencia

Very affecting considering it was a film about an emotionally blunted person. I found the first half slow and tedious but ultimately effective in conveying the bleak drudgery of the mother's medicated quasi-life. Although the creativity and resilience of her kids provide a glimmer of hope for the future, this film is one to skip if you aren't in the mood for a harsh dose of reality.

9. msmichel's rating of the film La influencia

A single mother sinks into depression when she loses her business and faced with overwhelming debt, oblivious to the effect on her two children. Realistic and depressing depiction well enacted by the cast. The abrupt ending is a puzzler though the event should kickstart help.

10. Verginie's rating of the film La influencia

This movie is long on the finish. I was angry when it ended--why had I wasted time sticking with it? So very slow-moving and inexorable, but one hopes for some ray of light. But it stayed with me, a Mom who is acquainted with depression. It affected me for at least 24 hours, thinking through some scenes, the ambiguities.

11. captainfez's rating of the film La influencia

Failing at life: the movie.

12. Bruce Carter's rating of the film La influencia

Slow paced, perfectly paced...

13. Appetency Recruitment's rating of the film La influencia

14. gclorusso's rating of the film La influencia

Raw, bold, direct. Absurd and yet so revelatory. The sense of loss emerging from this film is pure and primitive. An true piece of cinema.

15. Beatrice's rating of the film La influencia

The chilling chronicle of an inexorable disaster, a film that pulls you under as you watch it, a fairytale gone awry.

16. G. Elósegui's rating of the film La influencia

Con toda la influencia de Reygadas, muestra un fragmento de la realidad silenciosa que viven muchas mujeres. ¿Necesita más explicaciones una situación en la que no se ve por ninguna parte una solidaridad social o institucional, que en cambio sí desahucia a las personas hasta de la vida? Fuerte en verdad.

17. SafeStanding's rating of the film La influencia

Depression....the silent killer, coupled with delusion, circumstances and outcomes in this bleak drama are all too obvious when faced with spiralling financial pressures and no-one to share the burden. An effectively produced film and very uncomfortable viewing.

18. Barış Akpınar's rating of the film La influencia

19. esinis's rating of the film La influencia

although it s a well made movie, I would not recommend to anyone who does not particularly enjoy still and depressing movies. It was tough for me.

20. Naciye Şeyma Kaya's rating of the film La influencia

Silent and exactly non-assertive realistic.

21. El Biffo's rating of the film La influencia

My Ratings System: 4 stars = I liked it/it was good. 5 stars = I liked it a lot. 3 stars = OK/watchable/not great or bad. 2 stars = bad. 1 star = very bad/ I hated watching it but only sat through it so I could tell you honestly that I suffered through every minute and, no, it did not get better at the end; I was just glad it was finally over. This Spanish film, was good, uniquely strange and dark, but not a comedy.

22. Lucii Lugo's rating of the film La influencia

La soledad, la desesperanza y la depresión representadas de un modo muy realista. Con estilo de filme documental, La influencia nos adentra a la historia de una mujer que lidia con las presiones y responsabilidades impuestas por una sociedad en apariencia mala. Bastante lenta y con actuaciones torpes, deja todo muy al aire y nada se explica. En general cumple con su propósito que es el de un cine incómodo y realista.

23. Venus Rey Jr's rating of the film La influencia

Bien lograda. La atmósfera densa, pesante y apática dota al film de realismo -casi no hay diálogos-. El realizador español hace que el público se sienta asfixiado y apesadumbrado por la situación, al punto de la desesperación -como debe ser. La ausencia de soundtrack contrasta con la música a capella de Tallis al principio y al final, toque maestro y sublime. No para todo público. Muchos no la verán hasta el final.

24. Ricardo Corona M's rating of the film La influencia

Se nota bastante la influencia de Reygadas, mención aparte para la madre que con el rostro nos muestra la lucha interna que puede llegar a significar la depresión.