1. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film La jetée

Stories like this are a dime a dozen today. So the problem for me, cinematically and apart from the historical value: it's mostly a story, i.e. literature read aloud. The fun to be had is on a meta level: like the protagonist, we pine for sentimental, black & white nostalgia of the past, when we should go forward and leave the whole debacle of the spectacle behind us. But instead we choose the past. Instead we die.

2. lbunuel's rating of the film La jetée

Chris Marker's films are an art form of their own.

3. Henry12345's rating of the film La jetée

4. whimisical melancholy's rating of the film La jetée

A good way of storytelling. I wonder how different the experience would be if Marker made this movie with moving images. // 3.5

5. riddhi2345678's rating of the film La jetée

First time watching Chris Marker and OH MY GAWDDD!!

6. bucharestaesthetics's rating of the film La jetée

7. grassybrownie's rating of the film La jetée

Perhaps I had too much expectation for someone who adores cat. If this thing is called art, then I really lose all hopes for the artistic world.

8. Ameille's rating of the film La jetée

9. _shalashaska_'s rating of the film La jetée

10. Louis Robert's rating of the film La jetée

The short format and the photographs really makes it a unique thing!

11. jewelsofglory's rating of the film La jetée

The best science fiction film I’ve seen. A forcefully constructed reality through dreams. Love is a masquerade for scientific research and procreation. Still images seamlessly create dreams, desire and memory.

12. film_frame's rating of the film La jetée

Proves film can transcend whatever visual obstacle impedes her. Marker can do no wrong. I'll take your Space odyssey and raise you a experimental short masterpiece of metaphysical proportions.

13. DenoResandono's rating of the film La jetée

LA JETÉE is one of my favorite short movie. What director Chris Marker did in this movie is a revolutionary work to change the face of world cinema forever. Almost the entire movie using a still photo. But it's still intriguing and entertaining. Well, I know - LA JETÉE using a still photo. But somehow, at some point - the picture feels like it's moving. That's the magical thing of this movie. It's a great experience!

14. Arandhitio Ballagi's rating of the film La jetée

sy suka ini. keren boi. bertutur dengan foto. coba deh nonton, poetic af

15. Aulia Indry's rating of the film La jetée

It's only once I watch it but it must be repeated or even paused so I can think what it means

16. catarinaafreitas's rating of the film La jetée

17. SpacePirate's rating of the film La jetée

An utterly unique film that is unlike anything else you will ever see. This makes it great, but also bittersweet since it is so short. Its experimental, moving, really everything about cinema most here love. Still feels fresh today over 50 yrs later. If you havent please do yourself a favor and check it out asap. A turning point in cinema imo. 5 easy stars. Completely essential.

18. dionysus67's rating of the film La jetée

Marker's lilliputean masterpiece captures in stills the very cinematographic logic and weaves together with admirable ingenuity a sci fi thriler to a political diatribe, the latter with, albeit oblique, visual references to the victims of French torture during the Algerian war of independence. Simultaneously, it is replete with angst in the nuclear era. A masterpiece of original storytelling with a chilling gaze...

19. xer vokun's rating of the film La jetée

Well connected time-traveling with a mix of expressive still images compose this short memorable tale.

20. Black Irish's rating of the film La jetée

Only time I immediately rewatched a film after the first viewing. Partly from drowsing off in the middle, this film whose rhythms induce sleep, but also from indescribable awe. Hard-edged science fiction is lined with touches of the great fablists (Kafka, Borges) to journey in regions unborn and yet unknown. A tragic, beautiful paean to humanity.

21. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film La jetée

22. MisterColo93's rating of the film La jetée

23. Juan Javier's rating of the film La jetée

24. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film La jetée

Even now, this is strikingly original. I could've seen Twelve Monkeys first, but I didn't thank God.