1. xer vokun's rating of the film La jetée

Well connected time-traveling with a mix of expressive still images compose this short memorable tale.

2. Black Irish's rating of the film La jetée

Only time I immediately rewatched a film after the first viewing. Partly from drowsing off in the middle, this film whose rhythms induce sleep, but also from indescribable awe. Hard-edged science fiction is lined with touches of the great fablists (Kafka, Borges) to journey in regions unborn and yet unknown. A tragic, beautiful paean to humanity.

3. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film La jetée

4. MisterColo93's rating of the film La jetée

5. Juan Javier's rating of the film La jetée

6. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film La jetée

Even now, this is strikingly original. I could've seen Twelve Monkeys first, but I didn't thank God.

7. Ben Nash's rating of the film La jetée

Haunting, elegiac and bursting with life.

8. Daniel S.'s rating of the film La jetée

9. captainfez's rating of the film La jetée

10. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film La jetée

Amazing. It's hard to believe you can represent the story so vividly using only stills.

11. Diego Ospina Serna's rating of the film La jetée

Un excelente experimento visual para la epoca

12. Paul and Wade's rating of the film La jetée

Classic scifi story, but the haunting, the enchanting, the unforgettable dimension of this film is nothing more, or less, than a woman's face.

13. James Mackin's rating of the film La jetée

Very thought provoking, and scarily kinda real nowadays.

14. F/K's rating of the film La jetée

Shows that you can tell a story with non moving pictures.

15. Paul Rot's rating of the film La jetée

16. Hockley Cinema's rating of the film La jetée

Finalement! I witness the much-lauded and discussed Marker masterpiece and....it does not let down. Hurling superlatives at it at this point is superfluous - let's just call it SUPER.

17. Ludovic72's rating of the film La jetée

Plus d'un demi-siècle après sa sortie, ce roman-photo de science-fiction reste une quasi-perfection : des cadrages aux contrastes, du rythme à la voix off et aux effets sonores, des fondus enchaînés aux surimpressions, tous se combine pour nous plonger dans un espace-temps incertain, où le passé et l'avenir se mélangent. Un conte romantique bouleversant, redécouvert grâce à Terry Gilliam (Twelve Monkeys, 1995).

18. Rafael Zen's rating of the film La jetée

The tenacity of memory through life or death. La Jetée embraces sci-fi on a very unique way, combining Marker's amazing photography with the magic of static images carrying all of this film's movement. Let's get one thing straight: it moves beautifully, it suggests, it flows. What's memory? What are those ghosts that appear inside us all? And most important: what can we do facing time closely?

19. Quattro's rating of the film La jetée

Having heard so much about it, I was surprised to find such a little thing. I liked it, I just didn't find it groundbreaking: the love story was too simple for me to empathize, and 12 monkeys spoiled me the final twist. The photo-roman storytelling style was fascinating though–especially when it suddenly breaks its own rules. Rewatch needed, anyway. Favorite thing by far: subterranean scientists whispering in German.

20. Jimena's rating of the film La jetée

Encontrarme de nuevo con EL CINE

21. NCMBianchi's rating of the film La jetée

The use of pictures (and just one motion) for the whole movie is interesting, along with hypnotic music. It sure is just a short story told in a short movie, but it experimented and luckily it also inspired '12 Monkeys'.

22. Tibulle85's rating of the film La jetée

Je débute cette rétrospective Chris Marker (réalisateur dont je n'avais jamais rien vu jusque-là) par son opus le plus célèbre, cette "jetée" vantée par tous comme un classique absolu. Cette réputation élogieuse n'est pas volée: il s'agit d'une histoire de SF prenante et efficace, à la fin mémorable; c'est surtout une belle méditation sur la mémoire avec ces "souvenirs-images" qui s'enchaînent comme dans un rêve.

23. Didonne's rating of the film La jetée

Court métrage dont je connais la notoriété depuis longtemps, mais jamais encore visionné. Notoriété non usurpée, film excellent. Un très grand classique.

24. elenagallen's rating of the film La jetée

Relying on literature while neglecting the visual language is at once, the colossal achievement of Marker's photo-roman experiment and a pity.