1. GORGEOUS's rating of the film La mission

Important narrative that is relatable to many- and it just isn't being told very often in film. I work with youth & many of my colleagues have shown this in workshops, always with interesting results. Chances are because SF natives always want realistic narratives and representations of what it's like to grow up and live here. Whether you're a SF native or a transplant gentrifying La Mission, watch this film.

2. Evan Schafer's rating of the film La mission

I very much support the honesty within "La mission", both in the depiction of a father that is conflicted between beliefs and reality of his son being gay, and also how Che's character arc is developed over this film. The presentation of the gay community is also very respectful, showing Jesse in a monogamous relationship, which I appreciated. Very well done, and a nice glimpse into the Latino gay community.

3. ramosbarajas's rating of the film La mission

The three main characters feel real, complex, and even when their flaws get the best of them, one continues rooting for them. They feel completely human. Some of the scenes between Bratt and Erika alone make watching the film worth it. In the end, there aren't that many Chicano or Latino films that portray this topic as honestly, so any film that dares to go there is going to merit a watch. You know what I'm saying?

4. Bryan Corser's rating of the film La mission

This was borderline terrible, yet entirely well intentioned. Bratt the actor wasn't half bad, despite all of the awful dialogue he was handed but Bratt the director was way too heavy-handed.