1. christian's rating of the film La ronde

I think of this movie as 4 parts: Ok. Meh (Jane Fonda). WOW (Anna Karina). And heart-wrenching for Part 4. So yeah, the second half of the movie was great. The dialog, often exquisite (in French, I mean). And I loved the period costumes as well as the funny mixture of prudish ribaldry throughout.

2. David R Williams's rating of the film La ronde

Worth watching only for the young Fonda and Karina. Otherwise a rather unengaging trifle.

3. Slappy McGee's rating of the film La ronde

(2.5 stars) Like a full length PSA about the easy transmission of STDs. Man sleeps with Lady. Lady sleeps with Other Man. Other Man sleeps with Other Lady. And so forth and so on, until we "CIRCLE" back to the first person again. Stories along the way? Boring and negligible. It's like a LIFETIME MOVIE made in '60s France. Really not my bag. Premise is interesting (not original, but interesting) and that's about it.

4. Samuel Wells's rating of the film La ronde

When I first saw that there was a remake of the Ophuls classic, my gut told me that that is in the family of films that did not need a remake. At this point I am still not sure that it must. Of course that is not to say this film recaptures the charm and wit of the original film. It does so wonderfully and it is a welcome return to the script. I don't see what the remake added, though I am not sure I care, so great.

5. David Richards's rating of the film La ronde

OK, but not nearly as good as the Ophuls version.

6. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film La ronde

C'erano una volta gli anni '60.,, Un pò banalotto e i movimenti di macchina ci fanno rimpiangere Olphus. La colonna sonora vale il film. Qualche scambio di battute notevole ma tutto il resto è noia.

7. chanandre's rating of the film La ronde

[Cinémathèque PT #577: 35 mm] (2007)