1. Marin's rating of the film La strada

2. r u f o's rating of the film La strada

3. Freakyfilm's rating of the film La strada

Love and being pushed away

4. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film La strada

3-4. I think 'La Strada' MAYBE doesn't go far enough in delivering consequences to Zampano for his actions. On the other hand, that his sort of character would wind up punishing himself is idiosyncratic in its own right. And there is so much to love here from Fellini's sense of visual poeticism to the nuanced characterization for both Gelsomina and (surprisingly) Zampano. I really want to see more from Fellini now.

5. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film La strada

6. Richo Darma's rating of the film La strada

7. yovargas's rating of the film La strada

A poor family sells their daughter to a circus performer - and then nothing much else happens for the next 100 minutes. The girl gives one of the worst, weirdest performances I've ever seen. I *think* she was supposed be to mildly mentally retarded but if so she missed the mark by many miles. I assume I'm supposed to feel sorry for her but I just found her too irritating and odd to care. I give this bore a D+.

8. HSBilly's rating of the film La strada

9. wiwitaek's rating of the film La strada

Galsomina's trumpet sound still lingering in my ear. It just breaks my heart. Beautiful tragedy. I wonder why Federico Fellini, Tullio Pinelli and Ennio Flaiano able to write script such this

10. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film La strada

11. Nathan Lee Johnson's rating of the film La strada

12. Drew Kelly's rating of the film La strada

I think as I get older I will like this film more...

13. HALLENSLEBEN's rating of the film La strada

Est-ce que ce film serait pareil sans l'air de violon? Émouvant et beau.

14. ughchenausea's rating of the film La strada

" non so a cosa serve questo sasso io, ma a qualcosa deve servire. perché se questo è inutile, allora è inutile tutto: anche le stelle. e anche tu, anche tu servi a qualcosa, con la tu' testa di carciofo. "

15. Amanda A.Costa's rating of the film La strada

Gelsomina feelings are so intense that all that I wanted is to hug her and never let her go.

16. ceknklsn's rating of the film La strada

17. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film La strada

I've never been a huge fan of postwar Italian cinema but Fellini is the one I can dig the most. La Strada is still an heir to Neo-realism and it shows predominantly in its subject matter. It is a touching movie, granted, just not his best work in my opinion. Feel free to hate me for my opinion on this one.

18. coxno's rating of the film La strada

one of the best endings ever imho

19. Güntülü Yılmaz's rating of the film La strada

20. eugenie de sade's rating of the film La strada

if you don't like this movie i will personally kick ur ass

21. SpacePirate's rating of the film La strada

One of Fellini's best. How he went from this to shit like La Dolce Vita is beyond me...

22. Théo's rating of the film La strada

Gelsomina est sans conteste un des plus beaux personnages de l'histoire du cinéma. La Strada est un film bouleversant de poésie et d'humanisme. Fellini est un très, très grand cinéaste.

23. faerie's rating of the film La strada

24. Jean-Go's rating of the film La strada

Magnifique. Que dire du regard incroyable de Giulietta Masina ? Le film oscille entre des moments virtuoses de mise en scène (le spectacle de rue incroyable, mais aussi une peinture intense du déchet, de la misère) et de jeu d'acteur. Toute grande oeuvre interroge, par sa forme même et par son sujet, l'ordre du monde. Cette "strada" insondable est la pierre manquante à l'édifice qui fait d'une merde un Homme.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7