1. João R's rating of the film Labor Day

It's not truly honest but there's something quite attractive (in a quite disturbing way) and interesting about the roles that each main characters play in these bonds.

2. janice.hughes's rating of the film Labor Day

On Labor Day weekend 1987, a frail and sorrowful Adele, Kate Winslet, brings home a stranger from the store with a bleeding wound. He grips her son Henry by the throat and then befriends him with games, delicious food and fixing the car as the film tumbles into more intimate scenes between Kate and Josh Brolin. Reitman takes a bad boy and drains the badness out of him before he has a chance to do anything bad.

3. Terri Wise's rating of the film Labor Day

I never would have watched this had I not taped it based on the schedule, which said it was something else. I was half way through before I realized. I feel like the film should be as embarrassed about this fact as I am. Between the this-should-never-ever-happen plot and the outrageously bad kid dialogue, it's a no-can-do for me. It is kinda crazy how much Tom Lipinski looks like Josh Brolin.

4. Xénia's rating of the film Labor Day

The kind of movie you choose to watch in the airplane. You will spend a good time, it's entertaining, and Kate Winslet is always fabulous, but you might forget about the movie as soon as you land.

5. Fabio Souza's rating of the film Labor Day

6. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Labor Day

7. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Labor Day

8. sainte's rating of the film Labor Day

I feel like this was made for sexually-frustrated middle-aged women.

9. vordven's rating of the film Labor Day

10. Igor Leoni's rating of the film Labor Day

2.5. Too soapy and predictable.

11. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film Labor Day

If I was a middle aged woman this would have been amazing...not as bad as I thought it would be though...what does that say about me? Who am I?

12. commonwastrel's rating of the film Labor Day

Creepiest movie ever? Maybe. Brolin's character forces himself into this family without any objection from those involved. After baking a pie and changing a tire, he's already in Winslet's pants. No questions asked. This is one of those cases where each character just goes through the motions because the script said stuff should happen in a certain order. Too bad it forgot about character development in the process.

13. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Labor Day

Although its unlikely to happen plot, this movie is kinda sexy. The sweet romance thing we watch once in a while to give love a surreal halo. Worth watching with a peach pie slice on the plate.

14. Susana Bessa's rating of the film Labor Day

Peach pies and a lot of nauseating melodrama.

15. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Labor Day

Labor Day es a Jason Reitman lo que 1941 significó en la carrera de Spielberg: una incursión fallida, rayana en lo inverosímil y lo ridículo en un género que el director no había tocado jamás (en este caso el melodrama). Ojalá el director de la estupenda Young Adult (a mi entender, su mejor obra) haga pronto su equivalente a Raiders of the Lost Ark (lo digo porque Men, Women & Children ha tenido sólo malas críticas)

16. hubertguillaud's rating of the film Labor Day

On se laisse emporter par ce drame fragile et sensible, par ses acteurs émouvants, par sa photographie sensuelle... Malgré les facilités et mièvreries du scénario et une mise en scène parfois maniérée. Une initiation nostalgique et romantique qui se révèle trop calibrée, bien convenue et sans réelle surprise. Un joli film, vite oublié et qui aurait mérité ne pas avoir une conclusion aussi appuyée.

17. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Labor Day

If you've seen any Nicholas Sparks movie you will know what to expect

18. celestenorth's rating of the film Labor Day

Although the cast is great (well, I don't know about the need for Tobey Maguire) and it has very touching moments, this is like a Hallmark movie. When it started I thought it would end in tears somehow and maybe it should've.

19. Joey Wright's rating of the film Labor Day

Shame this film did not get more attention. Reitman conducts his most touching film to date.

20. Dan's rating of the film Labor Day

The thirst is so very real.

21. Sophie C.'s rating of the film Labor Day

The great peach pie baking scene is not enough to save this very conventional movie. Too cheesy, too bright. Kate Winslet's character was moving but the flashbacks killed the movie.

22. FCC 86's rating of the film Labor Day

"Nothing misleads people like the truth"

23. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Labor Day

Providing that the romance was too cheesy and the action/thriller too insufficient, what attracted me more in “Labor Day” was the amazing peach pie baked by the family! (1.5 stars)

24. Raluca Elena Covaci's rating of the film Labor Day