1. Kamran's rating of the film Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India

had never rated before.

2. petit astronaute's rating of the film Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India

3. Aaken's rating of the film Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India

After 4 hours of that film, I still didn't get the rules of cricket (or got close to find the game of any interest) but still, I was captivated. It's relentlessly bathing in clichés but I reveled in them. The musical numbers are irresistible. Amusing to see how the Brits are made fun of.

4. ceknklsn's rating of the film Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India

5. Sanjib Dey's rating of the film Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India

I have never seen any other film in a theater getting so much of audience reaction than this film. People were literally jumping from their seats. Of course all the viewers were Indian. A life time experience for me.

6. Joe Wakeman's rating of the film Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India

the quintessential party movie

7. Bibi Lamy's rating of the film Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India

bellissimo. finalmente una storia vera che finisce bene. di solito i film realisti sono tutti strazianti, ma questo non é un hapy end americano, é proprio andata cosi !!!! il soggetto é interessante, gli attori sono molto bravi e le musiche fantastiche. da vedere e rivedere.....

8. Corriel's rating of the film Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India

This is great cinema! ♥

9. darameja's rating of the film Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India

More than anything "Lagaan" is a monument for traditional India, and the fight against British colonialism. They took Gandhi’s Utopian village where all different ethnic groups, Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs, live together in harmony. The movie showed that integrity of traditional community can be a superior force to modernized society’s individualism. A true epic of a pre-nation state India.

10. angelicidea's rating of the film Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India

Everything a Bollywood film has to be. I saw it at Shambala Festival and the audience was really cheering at the end for the Indians and gave a rapturous applause when the final credits rolled. I miss this kind of reaction in "normal" cinemas.

11. josiahduke's rating of the film Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India

A gaudy parade of cliche and swank, replete with one dimensional villain/characters, all of them adorned in cliche piled upon cliche, arrayed in a sheen of cliche silver, emblazoned with the words CLICHE. I spit on you, Bollywood. Beh! I will never regain the decade of meaningful thought this movie stole from me in those precious four hours spent in front of the screen in Cinema class, too stunned to cry out.