1. vizija's rating of the film L'âge d'or

In this movie you can expect unexpected things to happen. The atmosphere reminds me to some utopistic place, place where my deepest thoughts go sometimes. Historical piece of avangarde art with the ending story of the two big geniuses.

2. Julian Darby's rating of the film L'âge d'or

3. Walker's rating of the film L'âge d'or

One of the 20th century's great cinematic dreams

4. Chearth's rating of the film L'âge d'or

5. gld48's rating of the film L'âge d'or

A dog is kicked into the air. A blind man is kicked to the ground. A bishop is rolled out of a high window. A dowager is slapped in the face. A statue's toe is kissed. Women's scalps on a cross sway in the wind. Must be surrealism.

6. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film L'âge d'or

7. Ben Nash's rating of the film L'âge d'or

So absurd that it sort of starts to make sense.

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film L'âge d'or

The main character and the woman he desires are both cray-cray, and prone to fits of extreme behaviour leading to chaos. It seemed pretty funny to me. It's like a lot of films from that time in that it relies both on silent film techniques as well as the static shots for the talkies. I'm fine with the chaos. That could be my religious model.

9. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film L'âge d'or

Buñuel’s first feature-length one year after “Un Chien Andalou” does not disappoint. A film so bizarre and notable for being the first to include a toilet and human waste, as well as a woman attempting to make love to a disfigured hand.

10. FISCHER's rating of the film L'âge d'or

Inénarrable, inoubliable, inimitable ! www.cinefiches.com

11. Aardsy's rating of the film L'âge d'or

A cow on the bed! Oh, surrealists!

12. Jannik Jannik's rating of the film L'âge d'or

I really loved the kicking scenes, kicking a dog, kicking a violin. Good to kick things around a bit.

13. Faustgelopoulos's rating of the film L'âge d'or

14. LauraPalmer's rating of the film L'âge d'or

Rewatched and re-loved. Timeless.

15. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film L'âge d'or

16. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film L'âge d'or

3-4. Mmm. It has a few of the same issues that 'Un Chien Andalou' had. But I think the longer runtime definitely works to its advantage. This film has a lot more breathing room, so a lot more of its setups have time to be mined for the most possible meat. Resultantly, more coherent evocations come forth from the setups, and L'Age D'Or feels like a more poignant movie, overall. Definitely deserves its reputation.

17. ceknklsn's rating of the film L'âge d'or

18. smndvdcl's rating of the film L'âge d'or

A masterpiece of subversive free association and absurdist imagery. Apparently, when the film was premiered on Dec 3rd 1930 at Studio 28 – members of the Fascist League of Patriots hurled ink at the screen and attacked the audience – a newspaper called it ‘the new poison that Judaism and Masonry want to use in order to corrupt the people’ – and was out of distribution for 50 years. Another reason to love it then!

19. josh scam's rating of the film L'âge d'or

dark, demented, demanding, and dreamy doodles on the theme of the bourgeoisie. abandon all solemnity ye who enter here

20. B o g d a n's rating of the film L'âge d'or

21. Mr. Marston's rating of the film L'âge d'or

22. Andrew Miller's rating of the film L'âge d'or

What I recall most vividly about this film: sound rather than image.

23. HSBilly's rating of the film L'âge d'or

things get weirder and weirder, that's greater than ever. semakin aneh semakin luar biasa

24. RoRoRoro's rating of the film L'âge d'or