1. Follador's rating of the film L'âge d'or

My father was a fireman and had a comb, so we went and bought these socks at the tobacco shop.

2. Luke Haines's rating of the film L'âge d'or

Ah, Buñuel.... If you don't understand this film, please go away!

3. El Biffo's rating of the film L'âge d'or

A silent film with toe-sucking! Cinema's finest moment.

4. ghinnet's rating of the film L'âge d'or

I think I need a second viewing on this one... very captivating indeed

5. T. J. Harman's rating of the film L'âge d'or

As good as UN CHIEN ANDALOU. A great film.

6. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film L'âge d'or

7. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film L'âge d'or

8. ramosbarajas's rating of the film L'âge d'or

I prefer the second half for some reason. The message is clear, and it is augmented by a thousand with the presence of surrealism. There are some images that will always be memorable, but I feel it is weaker than the more-concise Un Chien Andalou. The images leave a stronger impression and achieve a better effect in Un Chien.

9. Harry Rossi's rating of the film L'âge d'or

This film reminded me of why I love surrealism.

10. Shelley's rating of the film L'âge d'or

not the best of Bunuel but still a great surreal and lustful film. great messages all the way through and I love the scorpion 'documentary'at the beginning

11. comeandsee's rating of the film L'âge d'or

dali and bunuel really are quite a pair. this film is bonkers, a perfect realisation of the absurd and the dream world. i adore the manifestation of dali's influence and think bunuel is never as good without him. the foot fetish appearance was hilarious, and the tone of this film was both light and absurd. this early french period is the best work that bunuel ever made. and this one is fascinating but flawed.

12. Michael Nisi's rating of the film L'âge d'or

13. All Is Grace's rating of the film L'âge d'or

Not the best Bunuel film, particularly I don't like Dali's influence on this (I prefer Un Chien Andalou)... But still, a surrealistic gem (Although it could be shot without any surrealistic themes).

14. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film L'âge d'or

dali and bunuel.two trully insane genius and a movie.look what we got. (i prefer bunuel to dali though,dali is a real bastard i think. )

15. davandwar's rating of the film L'âge d'or

Love it! Fantastic surrealism. Thanks, David LB for the double-entendre tip.

16. Francis's rating of the film L'âge d'or

I wonder if Bunuel, a nihilistic member of the Communist Party of Spain in the 1930s, had any role in The Red Death.

17. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film L'âge d'or

Early surrealist effort from Luis Bunuel is a disappointment. With films like this, it's hard to say why some work and some don't, but this one doesn't. There are a handful of interesting moments and images scattered throughout the tediousness, but not quite enough to make with worth the time.

18. Steve's rating of the film L'âge d'or

Wow I could not take my eyes off it even though I didn't completely understand it. Who cares...loved it!

19. Joshua Robert Hathaway's rating of the film L'âge d'or

A jumbled mess. The film strives for absurd juxtopositions, innane actions, and styling directing. Although at times, a single idea will grab ahold of the viewer, involving Lys Lys and Gaston Modot, the film often lacks beauty, intelligible actions, and interest. At the end, the viewer gains very little to consider or to remember.

20. Squiffle's rating of the film L'âge d'or

This film is more essential to me than my own lungs!!!!

21. T.J. Royal's rating of the film L'âge d'or

Getting to watch this one for free is an absolute blessing. That is if you can get into the flow of the narrative, which is easy once you see how randomly and forcefully Gaston Modot is separated from his lover. From there, mannered society decides in earnest to keep them apart, but they find a way around it. Awesome imagery towards the end, and I loved Modot's random slap to the face. And don't forget the fist.

22. IA's rating of the film L'âge d'or

Whatever it is, it's against it. The most joyous expression of nihilism ever perpetrated.

23. bittercinema's rating of the film L'âge d'or

This is where truly modern cinema began, and maybe we're finally catching up. Extraordinary sound design at the birth of the talkie, grim black humor, savage irony, the drums of Calanda, and a jaunty pasodoble at the end. Making the irrational matter-of-fact was Buñuel's vocation, peeling away the layers of propriety to find darker desires within his pleasure. And it's our privilege to watch.

24. Brittany's rating of the film L'âge d'or

Made me fall for the Dadists!! I prefer L'Age d'or much more than Un Chien Andalou. I would love to crawl inside Bunuel's mind for as long as I could stand it.