1. captainfez's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

Beautiful but curiously empty.

2. DebraM's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

A beautiful film, incredibly quiet but powerful statement about displacement, loss and belonging.

3. dionysus67's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

Undoubtedly an honest, sensitive and tranquil meditation on multiple forms of homecoming, this is a film with integrity and with a good lead (Sanchez). What, I think, is missing is a cinematic aesthetic that would render imagery more dense and semantically resourceful -in line with the resourcefulness of the two characters who despite rejection and rootlessness generate a new bonding. Recommended, but too serene...

4. malbrown2's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

I get the drift. Good film structure and photography but just a tad slow. It may be me. I don’t smoke dope.

5. Marina's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

Quisiera ver esta película doblada al español. Gracias!

6. Eva Bosch's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

7. porcyk's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

Gorgeous, immersive, poignant, humane, and revelatory. In every way a more alive work of film than Littlerock (the enjoyable yet implausible and ultimately thin alienation tale that introduced filmgoers to Ott). There remain brief, queasy moments when he fails to thread the needle between finding poetry in hope / unwittingly romanticizing poverty, but these are overcome and the film suggests great achievements ahead.

8. moviedream's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

9. William Cary's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

visual storytelling with feeling and compassion. the score is very effective as well. a moving and poignant piece for our times.....

10. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

Найкраща частина Antelope Valley Trilogy.

11. Gryphonix's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

Each movie in the trilogy addresses the experience of being apart from the people and places associated with home, building new connections, and the pain and occassional joy of gradually becoming part of new surroundings. This is my favorite of the three, with its remarkable understanding of this child's way of imagining the world. Beautiful.

12. David R Williams's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

What happens when the dream of a better life becomes a reality that nothing has changed, only now you are far from home, family and friends. A beautiful film. Understated and dream like.

13. ravi's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

Thinking the three parts of this trilogy as a continuous grey color... like the color behind some white papers. and the light in this film... I loved the directing, the music, and acting.

14. Joshua Paolino's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

This was absolutely beautiful.

15. Paul Page's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

A beautiful little work of art. Quiet and moving, a portrait of people living in the places in between.

16. BRAND UPON THE BRAIN!'s rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

17. De La Ghetto's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

There's something I find lacking in modern indie movies. It's as if the artist vanishes in them, or else is lost in the image of reality they seek to recreate. For this reason, they seem to lack a distinct personality. This movie is different though. It dares to be about something other than the lives of white twenty somethings, and it finds in its subject matter a new mood, a new character, a distinct identity.

18. David Perez's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

No stars. Piece of crap part 3.

19. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

The most understated chapter in the Antelope Valley Trilogy.

20. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Lake Los Angeles

(2.5 stars) Mike Ott moves from mumblecore to quietcore. Very little dialogue. Very still and low energy film. Too slow for me. Maybe I just wasn't in a meditative mood. But there ya go. Acting is solid. Visuals are solid. Just a bit on the dull side.