1. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Lake Mungo

I was so ready to be amazed by Lake Mungo, sadly it was hard for me to stay focused. In fact I found myself asleep by the time the movie had ended. I must say that the cast was quite convincing despite the unconvincing material they discussed.

2. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Lake Mungo

I think there's eventually a divergence between the strength of the form and the strength of the script, when the movie tries its hand at some elaborate twists that diffuse some of the earlier horror alter the movie's genre trajectory to a degree. I like this approach to horror, however; rather distinct in contrast to the glut of found footage flicks that come out every year. It just could've been better written.

3. Igor Leoni's rating of the film Lake Mungo

I'm afraid to leave my room to brush my teeth

4. Diego Carrera's rating of the film Lake Mungo

A rare example of how to make a convincing mockumentary, with really good actors, a simple but good story and an excellent work of edition. Not to mention the chilling yet melancholic atmosphere that Murcof's music helps to create. Sad, frightening, and very human.

5. Lucas Alcazar's rating of the film Lake Mungo

6. Absentia's rating of the film Lake Mungo

Mi devo ancora riprendere...penso che difficilmente potrò vedere in futuro qualcosa di più drammaticamente terrorizzante. Per me un capolavoro irripetibile del genere mockumentary.

7. filmcapsule's rating of the film Lake Mungo

Very effective fictional documentary that actually respects the forms and rhythms of documentary, rather than fighting against them. Particularly powerful is the film's framing of ghosts as existential nightmare, as a presence just parallel to our own whose very existence raises the specter of doubt. Spiritualism had a close connection to photography in the late 18th century, and this film exploits those connections.

8. Frank ViSo's rating of the film Lake Mungo

9. jxn's rating of the film Lake Mungo

kinda brilliant but also really tiring.

10. __'s rating of the film Lake Mungo

Really well done unsettling mood piece with authentic atmosphere and performances.

11. João R's rating of the film Lake Mungo

Unsettling. You never know what to expect from the suspension of horror and fear. It really did scared me. The mood it creates is so powerful that it doesn't need jump scares to really mess with you, as it creates a false sense of calm. Even though it doesn't totally fulfil you, it's truly unsettling.

12. kevonmartini10's rating of the film Lake Mungo

Australian accents are too pleasant for a horror film.

13. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film Lake Mungo

For Halloween 31 For 31. Link to a review available here - http://mubi.com/lists/halloween-31-for-31-2013-world-championship-edition

14. nicohenriques's rating of the film Lake Mungo

fazia tempo que não sentia tanto medo em um filme como senti nesse falso-doc. o que assusta é o estado constante de suspensão do terror, que, pela falta dos sons típicos nos filmes do gênero, me deixou sem saber o que esperar.

15. mad.lucas's rating of the film Lake Mungo

Any similarity with Twin Peaks (including the name of the protagonist) is not merely coincidental.

16. Claire Hirtas's rating of the film Lake Mungo

Good, but silly. Incredibly silly.

17. nothere's rating of the film Lake Mungo

The film goes nowhere with its ideas of grief or spooky ghosties. It takes about an hour and eleven minutes before we get the first genuine creep out. The rest of the film is a well shot rehash of every a haunting show out there(as well as Twin Peaks). The plot elements just don't add up and I was left quite unsatisfied. I'll leave the mockumentaries to the asian extreme movement.

18. HKFanatic's rating of the film Lake Mungo

A low-budget Australian retelling of the "Twin Peaks" mythology by the way of the "Paranormal Activity" aesthetic (although it predates the latter). The thing to know about this film is that it unfolds almost 90% through interviews, so get ready for lot of talking heads telling you what's happening rather than the director showing you. Thankfully, its ghost story favors the subtle mindfuck over flashy jump scares.

19. anthonymartines@live.com's rating of the film Lake Mungo

a little bit of a swashbuckler, but authenticates its creepiness much more smoothly than similar $Hollywood docu-style thrillers have attempted to do.

20. CVH's rating of the film Lake Mungo

rated 'Lake Mungo' 3 out of 5 stars. COMMENTS: Very subtle, creepy Aussie thriller, but for some reason, leaves you slightly disappointed by the end of the film.