1. fmarker's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

2. Alysia Urrutia's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

Interesting soundtrack and use of economic editing, but I didn't think we needed another offensive and pointless film about men blatantly objectifying women.

3. EdieEmm's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

As devastating as a detached little short can be without overstepping its bounds. At least as poignant as it is affected. Which is probably a reasonable ratio. Definitely seen worse. 2.5

4. Bekriah Mawasi's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

This is well well-said. Well well-directed. I'm rediscovering language learning methods by reading Arabic poetry (Sargoun Boulos for now) outloud and this film just confirms how sound quality is so inner. How bones are feelable. Hi Cory Zacharia.

5. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

To me it seems more of a study than a finished project. I quite liked it. It's ethnographical to a certain extent. I'm not sure if life in Lancaster is really like that, but either way I the film does make its own point.

6. jtgilmor's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

If you've spent any time in Lancaster, this makes too much sense. if you haven't, you most likely don't understand the film, which is probably part of the point

7. Franklin Lopez's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

If I could have given it less than a star I would have. Mubi, please don't let it happen again.

8. SpacePirate's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

Amateur hour. Did a drunk frat guy write the script?

9. helen's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

A hypnotic but potentially embarrassing or at worst inappropriate conversation about sex, becomes an intimate connection to that which is difficult to remember. We come to realise that this unnamable presence which is hinted at in the poem at the end, is what has set him on a life long journey through the desert. The goal remains forever alive forever elusive in far off nordic lands. Simply beautiful.

10. julie-etta's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

That actor Cory Zacharia's instagram is entirely about raping girls and only going bareback. I don't wanna listen to his shit about women and sex on Mubi.

11. Armando's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

I really truly loved this short, I was so surprised. To a large extent I was blown away by Cory Zachary; his monologue in the car is so natural and heart-breaking. He's truly amazing.

12. caitlin.f's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

"finnish girls are norwegian".... um what? lol you lost me within the first 30 seconds. but even after that something rubbed me the wrong way about the interviewer in the second segment & his aggressive & macho demeanor just ruined it for me. blah. i guess the end scene was nice.

13. StellaD's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

A portrait of a pretty offensive view of women and sex. Three takes from an oblivious, unaware male gaze. Do we really need more of that?

14. David R Williams's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

Quite enjoyable actually. Reads like a fragment from a larger piece and yet...I'm not sure it would survive expansion. Three scenes in search of a movie? The final scene, Cory on his bicycle, slowly making his way to the distant horizon, miles of nothing on either side....striking. I agree with 5000yearoldbogmummy ...what's up with all the negativity?

15. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

I don't understand the intensity of the negativity in these reviews! I try not to cede myself to verisimilitude, but this really does capture the mood and rhythm of a conversation between two friends that has suddenly turned intimate. I have a bit of trouble pinning the thematic mechanisms of the film, there's some issues w/r/t how gender is discussed, but, a fine piece of cinematic fabric.

16. Nabin Bista's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

take a camera and shoot two people talking and there's movie.

17. Renton47's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

Aggressive, pointless, boring. Could be an interesting portrait of how men discuss/view sexuality and women but it's neither interesting or insightful.

18. clarud@hotmail.com's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

Maybe a bit of context would help.

19. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

Sexual experiences and thoughts about Finnish girls...

20. Marcus Jones's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

I enjoyed the middle segment, which was the longest of the 3. I didn't really care for the opening or closing segments, though they were visually interesting. I also didn't see the point in the metal music connecting the segments or really the point of the whole short. I would have rather just seen a longer version of that middle segment.

21. DVC's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

22. Jason Lester's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

23. Addy K.'s rating of the film Lancaster, CA

Wow. We humans must be really lost. Born as sexual creatures, yet overwhelmed by the bulldozing pressures of society! Take out your handkerchief and wipe those tears because—Cory is our witness—the struggle is real! At times caustic and droll, this is still a stagey and fake-lyrical oddity by Mike Ott, who watched a lot of Gus Van Sant, Harmony Korine and Michael Haneke before embarking with his crew to Lancaster.

24. T Mills's rating of the film Lancaster, CA

It definitely evokes loneliness and a mix of feelings regarding these sexual experiences. The car scene between the two "visual" bookends could have gone on another 10 minutes and I would have kept watching.