1. Henk Lamers's rating of the film Land and Shade

Final score: 8. Storyline: 9, Originality: 8, Cinematography: 8, Involvement: 8, Sound: 7, Editing: 9, Educational: 9, Title design: 7, Acting: 8, Interesting: 8, Unusual: 8, Exciting: 7, Superior: 8

2. Fabiha's rating of the film Land and Shade

"You taught me that love is written with tears."

3. Hank aka Andrea's rating of the film Land and Shade

4. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Land and Shade

This is one of the most intense movies I’ve seen lately, and both director and cast consciously and confidently paddle toward the right direction, escorting the film to a triumphant realm. (4.5 stars)

5. Serdar's rating of the film Land and Shade

Thanks to the great directing and acting, you can feel evey look, every word and every touch very deeply. On top of that, it has beautiful cinematography. Reminded me the early movies of Nuri Bilge Ceylan. One of the best debut movies I've ever seen.

6. Salvador Amores's rating of the film Land and Shade

telenovela en clave minimalismo latinoamericano

7. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Land and Shade

8. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film Land and Shade

One of the finest films of 2015. A debut film by a young director from Colombia, made on a limited budget, with non-professional actors. A film you will not forget, if you care for grim and evocative realism with amazing visuals from a cinematographer who won the Cannes Golden Camera award. My detailed review is at http://moviessansfrontiers.blogspot.in/2016/03/189-colombian-director-cesar-augusto.html

9. martpat's rating of the film Land and Shade

10. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film Land and Shade

Like a friend would say, this is the kind of film that European film snobs will "cum" all over it. As I would say: Latin American folk with an European sensibility. Whatever emotional power the story has (and it does), its lost by its unflattering slow, slow, SLOW pace. Some beautiful imagery, especially near the end, where it channels Tarkovsky's "Sacrifice".

11. A47's rating of the film Land and Shade

Hsiao-Hsien, Tarkovsky, Kiarostami, Victor Enrice, Bela Tarr, even Ozu: these names come to mind. This is a film of immense emotional depth and complexity, but where those directors may let the denouement dwindle in sentimentality or ambiguity, this story is elegantly brought to an end more impactful than the sum of its parts - which is truly saying something. Bravely paced and intelligent humanist filmmaking.