1. Enrique Castillejo's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

Mother and daughter embark in this strange tour, dancing for the poorest men on the fringes of society, the lack of a future in constant dialogue with a past that is long gone, loneliness and the desire for happiness and the need for a caring embrace prevalent in every sequence. The final shot in the rain: what a miraculous encounter, how much life regained there and then. Beautiful! Evocative! Deep!

2. Kamran's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

An inspired visual realization of the strange, hypnotic, seductive music serving as title/theme/soundtrack. Libidinous ennui. Never felt anything quite like it through cinema. Mesmerizing and transformative. Focused on two female (carnival-esque) stripper-performers, but more profoundly an observation of the male gaze, voyeurism, the absurdity of sexuality and desire. 83/100 - Great.

3. Dory Bakiewicz Ehmer's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

cvs brand d.Lynch (not at walgreens and definitely not at dollar store level). kept obsessing about how strong the Mother's stale cigarette breath must be.

4. Leco's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

This totally missed the shot. Aside from a few cuts, there's no great cinematography here that justifies anything else on the movie. The soundtrack, OK, on point: it's one tune, for anything's sake. How would it miss that too (by the way, the song bears the "Land of My Dreams" title)? But it's just not enough. I believe it had an David Lynch-aura, as far as I can read, intentionally. But it just didn't get there...

5. Zebedee's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

3.5 Stylistically it's great, and the undercurrent of the film hits you.

6. John Leeves's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

Awkward, beautiful. The film manages to fetishize Bianca and glorify her sexuality, whilst simultaneously shaming the male gaze. A strange duality for the spectator.

7. Felipe Sales Canedo's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

Onyric and sensual. Seems to me like a well made conglomerate of strangeness, desire and flow: raw stuff of what dreams are made.

8. naokoken's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

Was reminded of Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes. "I want to be gorgeous." Liked the dissonant music of Julia Holter and Grouper. "Men are just wind." A dress rehearsal for the awesome You and the Night.

9. Dogville59's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

I loved this. I am gay and I loved it even though the main object of the gaze is female this is queer cinema because it is about non normative sexuality. There is incest, taboo behaviour all mixed in with a melancholia born of nostalgia heightened by haunting music and, near the end, almost a dream like haunting cinematography.

10. Rui Oliveira's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

If there was supposed to be an allegory here, they didn't do a very good job. Interesting visually, but that's it. Only form doesn't make a good film. I didn't feel anything for the characters. A hollow film.

11. Mr. Smifff's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

Memorable and inspiring enough. Guilty of sentimentality at times, but I loved the idea, and the cinematography.

12. Stefan Gardovic's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

I can't quite put my finger on what it is i liked about this film, the pretentious monologues by the mother character were a bit over the top, most scenes had a weird watermark that said "dreams" which seemed unnecessary and the ending threw me off a bit. Yet there was something that gave the film a nice and warm feeling. I enjoyed it very much!

13. Ícaro Drasan's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

14. Richie's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

Soundtrack and cinematography was great but the story has no point to it and doesn't really have an ending

15. Bandeira's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

I feel embarrassment for everyone involved in this.

16. Tutu888's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

One of those rare shorts that have a plot interesting enough for a longer movie.

17. El Biffo's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

3.5 This has a strange appeal, the narcoticesque haze of the performance, the mixed interest/indifference of the audience, the boy's discomfort after she puts his hands on her breast....It's sort of like a weird dream.

18. Omus's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

A beautifully shot, short bit of weirdness. Is there anything sadder than a traveling mother/daughter strip show? Maybe if it was set in Arkansas.

19. msmichel's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

'Make me beautiful' Gonzalez's short is about much more than the male gaze as a young woman rejoins her 'mother' for a traveling strip show that gives new meaning to no frills. The underlying melancholy, the self lies and tentative hope within crushed dreams are evident for those willing to look beyond the lingerie and nakedness.

20. Renton47's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

On the one hand it satisfies a late-night young-blooded aestheticism that his brother's music also encapsulates for me (aided here instead by music from Grouper and Julia Holter), and on the other it indulges to the point of crudity a certainly banality or euro-sleaze. Pleasing yet hollow, I'll extend Gonzales another opportunity in the hope it's not all stylish posturing. 2.5

21. Bekriah M's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

Some films are pure brief visual experiences accompanied sometimes with joy that you don't know whether to rate or not. This film is one of them.

22. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

I bet Lynch will be mentioned in every single review

23. David R Williams's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

I'm reminded of Lynch. "...a hypnotic and stylized road-movie, which evokes strange sexual fantasies and impossible love." http://www.bieff.ro/2013/film/35

24. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Land of My Dreams

Racks on racks on racks. Why are people trying to analyse this movie anyway?